It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many new articles about how Messi will talk to the new president and see + bartameou won't respond to Messi's interview as he does not want to escalate the situation and wants things to calm down.

Maybe propaganda, or maybe IF Xavi and new president comes, won't be surprised if he signs an extension

Possible scenario but not too probable based on history IMHO.

New board & Xavi/Puyol would change everything but a lot of things have to fall into place ahead of that - we’re not there yet

Do Socios hope that Messi extends his contract after a new board is elected?

Personally I reckon there's as much if not more chance of Pep being in Barcelona next season than Messi being in Manchester.

My feel is that most Socis side with Messi in this but propaganda is often effective as history shows

I have long said Pep will return but I doubt next season (Eventhough Laporta has suggested as much). As for Messi, if I were betting I’d say he will be playing at City within 12 months

My feel is that most Socis side with Messi in this but propaganda is often effective as history shows

I have long said Pep will return but I doubt next season (Eventhough Laporta has suggested as much). As for Messi, if I were betting I’d say he will be playing at City within 12 months

Pep has said he hates all the shit that goes on at Barca, stayed too long & is so glad not to have it anymore.

Why on earth would he want it again ?

He won't be disruptive but he's already done the damage. You give your club a coating then expect to go back and get high fives from all in there. He's made his bed now he has to lie in it.
Koeman won't want him, he was a Barca legend in his heyday and has been brought in for one thing only and that is to tell players that they aren't wanted, he knows the Barca way and I'll be doing things differently.
It will end up a war of words between him and Messi.
Koeman knows Messi rules. He won't dare have the balls to question or challenge him.

Interesting. I feel that a lot of influencing factors coalesce around the end of the 20/21 season and learning about Barcelona's internal politics has helped to explain some of that. The end of Pep's contract. The end of Aguero's contract. The end of Garcia's contract. The Barcelona elections. I can see a world where the Cruyff school win the election, Pep returns in some form, and Messi stays to help rebuild.

So the team who's scored the most goals for the past 3 seasons needs another forward to have a shout at the title? I'd have to disagree

Take 2017-2019 out the equation. In that period we squoze the last bit of quality at the top level from David Silva, Vincent Kompany and Fernandinho as a defensive mid. We also probably had the last of Agueros best years and we had Leroy Sane.

We finished 18 points behind a side who are very strong defensively and have Salah, Mane and Firmino up front with amazing full backs. We scored the most goals, but we lost 9 games. We were flat track bullies and we didn’t take our chances in games that mattered. It’s plainly obvious we need a forward to compete for the title. I know we’ve signed Torres, but he will need time to adjust and he’s not got the numbers of goals & assists to suggest he’s going to make the difference for us this season.

Aguero is the wrong side of his peak and coming back from a serious knee injury which is in addition to the 2-3 muscular injuries he has got most seasons of his city career. Jesus bottles chances in big games and imo is not good enough as first choice. We are short of top attacking quality in big matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.