It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really that’s a strange one
Every kid at school wants to be a footballer there are very few that make it
Every pro footballer wants to be an international big competition requires big fight just to make it
Nah, piece of piss. Well, as long as you’re one of the 2% of footballers to make it professional and even less to make it as an international, but yes, other than that it’s a doddle.

Surely the buy back fee is his true worth?

Nope, the fee that we're currently happy to sell him for is about right under the current circumstances and the buy-back fee is what he may become worth if he develops further during the loan, and beyond, and if football finances recover.

He's not worth what he was 12 months ago because the disruption of covid means that clubs are struggling for money.
If we kept him for development, but he doesn't fit into our system of play, then we'd have him in the squad, taking a squad place but rarely playing, getting paid a lot of bunce and not developing.
That's neither good for him or for us, but if he goes out on loan / plays regularly, develops into a great player, gets bought by loan club, develops further to become worth say £60M in 3 years time, we can pick him up for a bargain price in a resurgent market and they've paid his wages for 3 years.

The people running our club are extremely astute and they make their decisions with much better information than is available to the forum pundits and from a position of great experience at the highest levels in football.

Not aimed at you BTW but having seen this club develop and achieve fantastic success over the last decade, only an idiot could suppose that they don't know what they're doing.

I do not get this idea that Stones lacks fight I think people are equating injuries with lack of fight. People keep saying he does not win the ball headers enough or gets shoved off the ball but I dont remember him ever loosing it like Mendy I paid extra close attention to him recently when it came to header and he was usually the one that jumps for headers in our system and usually wins

Nope, the fee that we're currently happy to sell him for is about right under the current circumstances and the buy-back fee is what he may become worth if he develops further during the loan, and beyond, and if football finances recover.

He's not worth what he was 12 months ago because the disruption of covid means that clubs are struggling for money.
If we kept him for development, but he doesn't fit into our system of play, then we'd have him in the squad, taking a squad place but rarely playing, getting paid a lot of bunce and not developing.
That's neither good for him or for us, but if he goes out on loan / plays regularly, develops into a great player, gets bought by loan club, develops further to become worth say £60M in 3 years time, we can pick him up for a bargain price in a resurgent market and they've paid his wages for 3 years.

The people running our club are extremely astute and they make their decisions with much better information than is available to the forum pundits and from a position of great experience at the highest levels in football.

Not aimed at you BTW but having seen this club develop and achieve fantastic success over the last decade, only an idiot could suppose that they don't know what they're doing.

sorry mate but €20m for a solid, champions league standard left back is derisory. We've had our pants pulled down

Coming off a poor season, this has to be our worst transfer window we've had since the takeover. We're usually quick and efficient in the market post a poor season, we're now twelve days away from our first game and our defence is still shambolic.

I do not get this idea that Stones lacks fight I think people are equating injuries with lack of fight. People keep saying he does not win the ball headers enough or gets shoved off the ball but I dont remember him ever loosing it like Mendy I paid extra close attention to him recently when it came to header and he was usually the one that jumps for headers in our system and usually wins

Anfield in Jan 2018 when Firminho nudged him off the ball and scored . Stones is too nice and not dominant enough imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.