It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones did nothing wrong there. That was a blatant push in the back that should have been given as a free kick

Haha are you serious? There was nothing wrong with Firminos tackle. Stones has the physique of a girl. Embarrassing defending from him.

Rumours that a club last week contacted Sevilla over Diego Carlos and his release clause i hope its not us i really do.

I know you can only judge on what you see, but if it’s just off the Europa league, there’s more to him. He’s absolutely superb all season. He’d improve us for sure and help us being caught out with the high line we play and regularly got done by.

Are we gonna sign some players?

This is going to be a tough season...

Last edited by a moderator:
He's got no fight in him. Remember last season when that non-league mug claimed any striker would score a 40 a year past Stones just before we played them in the cup? Any player with any kind of fight or pride would have turned up and absolutely battered that amateur, but Stones got pushed around, and eventually he scored.

Stones is broken mentally. His personal life is a state, he looks like shit, I disagree with @tolmie's hairdoo that his passing regressed because of Rodri, it's been getting less and less adventurous and penetrating since 2017/18 ended.

Maybe he's fixable, maybe he can get over everything and get the swagger back, but I've got no faith in it, I think he's just got too many mental scars from high profile cock up after high profile cock up and the Nations League killed him off. There's no way the john stones of 2019 or 2020 would do this -

I'd love to see him hit the gym, go through a transformation like Leon Goretzka at Bayern, who put on about 10kg of muscle and went from talented but not that effective box-to-box midfielder to a completely dominating physical presence. That would help him a lot IMO, if he could just learn to relish the physical fights the way Kompany did, VVD does, Koulibaly can, it might give him a confidence boost if he has more to rely on than passing.

Goretzka was on steroids

Rumours that a club last week contacted Sevilla over Diego Carlos and his release clause i hope its not us i really do.

If we’re not willing to pay €75m for Koulibaly, I would be very surprised if we would then go and pay the same to buy Carlos.

If we’re not willing to pay €75m for Koulibaly, I would be very surprised if we would then go and pay the same to buy Carlos.

Maybe because Sevilla cant do anything if the clause is met, ADL is just moving the goal posts all the time from what we are hearing.

I know loads of our forum hang onto your every word but think you need to make clear what is ITK info, what is unsubstantiated hearsay and what is home-spun opinion.
Too many hang onto his every word and most information is more fun all the videos etc etc i find it repetitive but others like it so that's fair enough. I wouldn't take his information that serious i'd take it as hearsay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.