It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
rhian brewster off to swansea for £25m, and yet we struggled to get €20m for angelino. i despair
This is the real price of us being reticent at playing youngsters in cup games and how we are reported on.
Brewster had a couple of half decent games against lesser opposition, the media say he’s the next big thing, everyone starts saying how great he will be and the price is on its way to being set at an unreasonably high level. Fair play to them really, but we’re miles behind, in that respect.
For example, Dortmund want £108m for sancho 3 years after we sold him for exactly £100m less, which might not have been the case with a bit more effort.

Now you're just being fucking stupid.

Pep cares about the mindset of his defenders. That's why when people slated John Stones, he didn't praise his defending, he praised his balls. If pointing out that a player was loved at their former club is somehow meant to be a red flag to a conspiracy where Garcia is only playing because of his "connections" then you need to stop drinking.

And the fact you've dived into some very old quotes to find evidence of how the conspiracy must be true, really doesn't help you're protestations of accepting some coaches might just rate a player differently.

Lastly, I would say He doesn’t make mistakes and whatever he has to do, he does it properly is about as ringing an endorsement of a defender's ability as you can get.

Nah, he just means he tries to stand where Pep tells him.

If it was referring to his defending, it would be utter bullshit.

And yes, Pep has spent years bigging up John Stones.

I've just proved from Pep, that what I said was right. That was from his Prem debut.

I am amazed that 15 months after Kompany left we’ve only identified Koulibaly, Carlos and Gimenez as replacements. One is owned by a club we can’t deal with, another is a penalty machine and the 3rd is slow, injury prone and plays in a completely different system. Are there no decent 25-27 year old defenders around in Europe?

So far this window has been utterly underwhelming. We finished miles off Liverpool and went out in the Champions League to an inferior Lyon side. We’ve barely dealt with the issues in the side at the start of last season, still no Kompany replacement but Ake is left sided cover and Ferran replaces Sané.

However we haven’t dealt with the issues we had last season- lack of pace in midfield, one injury prone left back and 3 players who will play there out of position and only 2 forwards one of whom has had regular injury issues. It looks increasingly like we won’t look to address these as Pep is in his final season. The downside is that Pep’s final season may yet be like Pellegrini’s (at least he had new signings in KDB, Sterling, Otamendi and Delph).

I know Covid is a major issue but we’ve had a director of football to avoid issues of succession planning but it looks like next summer we’ll be in even worse shape. New manager, Aguero will need replacing, still need a left back possibly 2 depending on Mendy’s fitness, new midfielder and that’s before any issues become apparent this season. We’re likely to have an older squad in transition comptetitibf wuth Real, rags, Liverpool, PSG in what will probably be a manic post Covid summer transfer window.

For a club that has been well run for the last few years it seems incredibly naive to be crossing our fingers and hoping that Messi will come next summer (spoiler he won’t- it’s this window or not at all).
Some very fair points in here. I'm also really confused why there don't seem to be any Ake-like options for the right sided centerback position.

I just listened to the Transfer Window Podcast with Duncan Castles and another football fella, and they say our offer for Koulibaly is 60m euros and 3m in add-ons, which is quite reasonable for a 29-year old. An agreement looks close.

Well yesterday this was the news. All over Twitter today though, it’s reported we haven’t even made an offer and could back out.

Why is it so difficult to get correct information? Nobody seems to be ITK about this transfer, it’s quite frustrating.

This is the real price of us being reticent at playing youngsters in cup games and how we are reported on.
Brewster had a couple of half decent games against lesser opposition, the media say he’s the next big thing, everyone starts saying how great he will be and the price is on its way to being set at an unreasonably high level. Fair play to them really, but we’re miles behind, in that respect.
For example, Dortmund want £108m for sancho 3 years after we sold him for exactly £100m less, which might not have been the case with a bit more effort.
We could only have got more for Sancho if he'd signed a pro contract which he refused to do.

I am amazed that 15 months after Kompany left we’ve only identified Koulibaly, Carlos and Gimenez as replacements. One is owned by a club we can’t deal with, another is a penalty machine and the 3rd is slow, injury prone and plays in a completely different system. Are there no decent 25-27 year old defenders around in Europe?

So far this window has been utterly underwhelming. We finished miles off Liverpool and went out in the Champions League to an inferior Lyon side. We’ve barely dealt with the issues in the side at the start of last season, still no Kompany replacement but Ake is left sided cover and Ferran replaces Sané.

However we haven’t dealt with the issues we had last season- lack of pace in midfield, one injury prone left back and 3 players who will play there out of position and only 2 forwards one of whom has had regular injury issues. It looks increasingly like we won’t look to address these as Pep is in his final season. The downside is that Pep’s final season may yet be like Pellegrini’s (at least he had new signings in KDB, Sterling, Otamendi and Delph).

I know Covid is a major issue but we’ve had a director of football to avoid issues of succession planning but it looks like next summer we’ll be in even worse shape. New manager, Aguero will need replacing, still need a left back possibly 2 depending on Mendy’s fitness, new midfielder and that’s before any issues become apparent this season. We’re likely to have an older squad in transition comptetitibf wuth Real, rags, Liverpool, PSG in what will probably be a manic post Covid summer transfer window.

For a club that has been well run for the last few years it seems incredibly naive to be crossing our fingers and hoping that Messi will come next summer (spoiler he won’t- it’s this window or not at all).

Good post but ultimately speculation.

We went after Maguire and Van dyk but price was an issue and Komps changed his mind last min.

2 new signing will have a positive impact, one is a CB.

Aguero is still here so in theory we do not need to replace.

We will bring in another cb and messi is still a possibility until the window closes.

Pep will leave us in a good position to continue to challenge whether that is this year or next. The building blocks for long term success is in place.

The team is going through a period of transition from dominance under covid and FFP.

The club is run by professional individuals who will make mistakes but will also strive to keep us at the top.

FFP cannot be dismissed as it has caused us to slow down and limit our spend. Well done you corrupt wankers!

Again we sound like an entitled fan base.

Alaba is the best answer, fuck Jose, Diago & Koulabily

David Alaba is as good as any of them if not better & can play LB, LAW the lot
Ake, Laporte, Stones & Alaba is all we need

Fuck Koulabily been saying it for weeks now its a pisstake & to be honest City are just egging Napoli along imo

Tixi has to be saving the cash for something big imo & it ain't a CB

Sign Alaba & we are good at the bacek with Ake signed as well

Think you are right and this the price we pay for wanting to win every competition and thus being reluctant to use young players.

We obviously want Pep in charge, but is it his selection issues which contribute to the lack of young players being involved in games of less importance ?

Clubs which have less depth than our squad have to use the opportunity to introduce their youngsters , and hence are seen to give them their chances earlier. Only youngsters possessing Foden like abilities seem to get their opportunities with us, and they are obviously few and far between.

They WERE, though! He's had an incredible season, not just a mediocre or a good one. This is what people fail to realize.

Plus, I think you're exaggerating about how "bad" he was in those matches.
Agree with this. I know more than a few Sevilla fans who rate him highly. They also reckon he will leave. I hope it's us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.