It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koulibaly/Koundé, Koundé/Koulibaly...

I honestly couldn’t tell who I would want if I could pick one. One is quite small but fast and on the rise, the other is a proven rock at the back who’s probably nearing his peak at 29. If Koulibaly stays injury-free he could serve us on the highest level for 4-5 years. Although Koundé seem strong in the air, I can’t help preferring a taller and stronger CB like Koulibaly. But what if this decline over the last year is real?

Kounde: 178-180cm and 70 kg.
Koulibaly: 186 cm and 89 kg.

Who would push the latter of the ball?
No one. But Koulibaly's game is about mobility. I've been whittering away about this for some time. It is a concern of mine because Koulibaly's defending is based on physical power and I have not seen enough of him recently to know if this is waning or not.

Personally, I would not look to be signing 29-year-olds - it's just not my thing and the strategy of signing pre-peak players has served us extremely well.

Koulibaly/Koundé, Koundé/Koulibaly...

I honestly couldn’t tell who I would want if I could pick one. One is quite small but fast and on the rise, the other is a proven rock at the back who’s probably nearing his peak at 29. If Koulibaly stays injury-free he could serve us on the highest level for 4-5 years. Although Koundé seem strong in the air, I can’t help preferring a taller and stronger CB like Koulibaly. But what if this decline over the last year is real?

Kounde: 178-180cm and 70 kg.
Koulibaly: 186 cm and 89 kg.

Who would push the latter of the ball?

Both will be excellent additions. Go all in for both and we set for next 5-10 years.

Both will be excellent additions. Go all in for both and we set for next 5-10 years.

100%. They dont compare to each other.
KK is an established and strong leader, 3 years at the top left. Fills a hole Vinny left.
Kounde is a promising, composed talent, 3 years away from being ready to start leading the team.
If Garcia goes and Otamendi goes; Laporte, KK, Kounde, Stones, Ake and we really have no excuses at the back and the ages are set well for a while. Allowing us to go all out on a ST next summer.
Stones onto his last chance or if that has come and gone, he can also be sold without causing any losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.