It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mane giving him a lift?
I don't think he is going to Liverpool. I don't see them spending the money (both transfer fee and wage) to get him. Will prolly be a game between City and De Laurentis to see who blink first. Window is closing and Napoli needs the money.

Imagine thinking we'd be winning the league vs a side with a backline of Van Dijk and Koulibaly. Would be the best centre half partnership Prem has seen in a while. But then again, I wouldn't expect much from users here that rated Otamendi fairly high.

Imagine thinking we'd be winning the league vs a side with a backline of Van Dijk and Koulibaly. Would be the best centre half partnership Prem has seen in a while. But then again, I wouldn't expect much from users here that rated Otamendi fairly high.

Never works out on paper

imagine he joins Liverpool, we can forget about the league for 3-4 years.

If it were that simple, Liverpool would pay not 70 but 170m to get him. If someone can guarantee you several titles, you pay everything it takes, even 170m.

Of course, it's never that simple. Both VVD and Koulibaly are 29 y.o. and soon may be over the hill or injuries may significantly impact their performances, etc.

There are more variables to that than 1 player.. What if they sign Koulibaly but we snap up Kounde, Aouar, and then next summer a top class striker comes in and replaces Aguero? Dishing out titles for 3-4 years in advance is the stuff of wet lettuces, and I am sure that is above you!
Players like Koundé will take time to develop, adjust, adapt to Prem. Liverpool's team has enough experience to look set for at least 4 years if they were to ever go and get a player like Koulibaly in. Added Thiago, have enough depth bar a striker. You'd be naive to think they wouldn't be better off in the near future compared to us.

If it were that simple, Liverpool would pay not 70 but 170m to get him. If someone can guarantee you several titles, you pay everything it takes, even 170m.

Of course, it's never that simple. Both VVD and Koulibaly are 29 y.o. and soon may be over the hill or bad injury may significantly impact their performances, etc.
Don't really know what physio those fuckers employ but I've never heard of VVD being injured.

Players like Koundé will take time to develop, adjust, adapt to Prem. Liverpool's team has enough experience to look set for at least 4 years if they were to ever go and get a player like Koulibaly in. Added Thiago, have enough depth bar a striker. You'd be naive to think they wouldn't be better off in the near future compared to us.

Koulibaly is still reliant on his speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.