It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate somewhat to Mendy in terms of the psychological damage a knee injury has.

2 years ago i severely suffered a dislocated knee, i was lucky that the bone didnt pierce the skin as the bottom half of my leg was nearly at a right angle, i was unable to walk for 4 1/2 months and then had 3 weeks physio to get back walking.

I am not a pro footballer but one thing i will say is that mentally i do not trust my knee the way i did prior to the accident. If i playing with my kids i will not run like I would have done etc because mentally i am unsure if the knee would give way again - i have lost all confidence in it.

I still suffer pain and was due to go back to the hospital for an exam prior to the pandemic - but now have to wait

So if i was a pro footballer i would be second guessing about going in for any tackle and be totally wary of how my foot was planted on the floor and body movement when twisting - this is what i have to deal with and i dont play football

If that is what has stopped Mendy from moving on, then he is finished in my book. But it isnt his fault, it is just a shit show that has ruined him at the top level

Tagliafico,Telles,Grimaldo..Decent going forward,slow and can't defend..Poor and none of them are an upgrade..
For a bargain price,Tsimikas was literally there and he would start for us..even Jamal Lewis would..
The market for LBs in Europe is so thin and poor in general..For our level,Renan Lodi would be perfect and wonder how much his release clause is but other than that,at this stage,would take a chance with Aït Nouri,
young yes but at least he's dynamic going forward and quick
Every one of them is an upgrade on Delph, Zinchenko and the player Mendy has become.

Quite agree. If you look at Gundogan he will never try a full bloodied shot after knee problems. Always tries to side foot.

Tagliafico,Telles,Grimaldo..Decent going forward,slow and can't defend..Poor and none of them are an upgrade..
For a bargain price,Tsimikas was literally there and he would start for us..even Jamal Lewis would..
The market for LBs in Europe is so thin and poor in general..For our level,Renan Lodi would be perfect and wonder how much his release clause is but other than that,at this stage,would take a chance with Aït Nouri,
young yes but at least he's dynamic going forward and quick

Telles can actually defend. IMO - hopefully unbiased (he plays for our main rivals) - he's better than Mendy and Zinchenko.

Suspect Zin is probably fed up at City now. Deserved better given his performances. Another player who is better than some City fans think.
Im fed up of seeing him in all honesty. He is not a LB, hes got nothing to offer in midfield. Seems a good lad, tried his best when we needed him but we need to move him on and get an actual option at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.