It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a LB is as fundamental as a centre-back. You've proved it.

However not sure that Ake is an option. He could play there as laporte did against Salah but could he get forward?

Having watched Liverpool last night, and against Chelsea we are simply a million miles away from them at the moment.

Whilst we were absolutely dominant domestically for 2 seasons, Liverpool have addressed their weaknesses, enhanced their squad and looked to develop all elements of their play. For example, their defensive work on opposition throw-ins, their corner and free kick routines and their addition of Thiago, Minamino and Jota to provide more quality in the squad. Thiago in particular is a great addition for them. Their full backs are vital to their attacking, with balls into the channels or chipped/crossed into the box and they run all game. Their central midfielders are runners. Providing the support and balance but not necessarily being hugely influential in creating chances. Thiago changes that and can remove some of the burden on the full backs/front three.

Whilst we finally scored from a corner, those little details that Liverpool have gone into still escape us. We have a lot of injuries but we really need to get back to a settled 11 with players being given a chance to learn their roles and gel.

Ultimately the first half v Wolves showed how good this City side can be. We can win the title playing like that. The pressing intensity, the balance it was all there. The personnel at the back didn't matter because the front 3 pressed, De Bruyne was too and Rodri/Ferny mopped anything else up. It was only through a lack of fitness that we fell away in the second half.

If we can get some more pace and energy in the middle, and if that player also has the qualities to pass and create then putting them in with Rodri and De Bruyne we'll instantly be title challengers again, regardless of the perceived issues at LB and up front. Aouar is the man we should be buying.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Mendy
Rodri
Aouar
De Bruyne
Foden
Sterling
Jesus

That's a team you can look to cement over a three-four year period and that could dominate again. Ake, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Doyle, Aguero, Torres, Mahrez, Cancelo, Bernardo all able to push for starting places or squad roles within that shape.

I don't get how no one at City has seen how desperate we are for energy in the middle of the park.

The disrespect to Bernardo.

Having watched Liverpool last night, and against Chelsea we are simply a million miles away from them at the moment.

Whilst we were absolutely dominant domestically for 2 seasons, Liverpool have addressed their weaknesses, enhanced their squad and looked to develop all elements of their play. For example, their defensive work on opposition throw-ins, their corner and free kick routines and their addition of Thiago, Minamino and Jota to provide more quality in the squad. Thiago in particular is a great addition for them. Their full backs are vital to their attacking, with balls into the channels or chipped/crossed into the box and they run all game. Their central midfielders are runners. Providing the support and balance but not necessarily being hugely influential in creating chances. Thiago changes that and can remove some of the burden on the full backs/front three.

Whilst we finally scored from a corner, those little details that Liverpool have gone into still escape us. We have a lot of injuries but we really need to get back to a settled 11 with players being given a chance to learn their roles and gel.

Ultimately the first half v Wolves showed how good this City side can be. We can win the title playing like that. The pressing intensity, the balance it was all there. The personnel at the back didn't matter because the front 3 pressed, De Bruyne was too and Rodri/Ferny mopped anything else up. It was only through a lack of fitness that we fell away in the second half.

If we can get some more pace and energy in the middle, and if that player also has the qualities to pass and create then putting them in with Rodri and De Bruyne we'll instantly be title challengers again, regardless of the perceived issues at LB and up front. Aouar is the man we should be buying.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Mendy
Rodri
Aouar
De Bruyne
Foden
Sterling
Jesus

That's a team you can look to cement over a three-four year period and that could dominate again. Ake, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Doyle, Aguero, Torres, Mahrez, Cancelo, Bernardo all able to push for starting places or squad roles within that shape.

I don't get how no one at City has seen how desperate we are for energy in the middle of the park.

Can I politely ask where Aguero is in this line up ???

I see a lot of similarities between Bernardo and Aouar. Personally I think we need to be prioritising a left back and a striker over an attacking midfielder

United are discussing Alex Telles with Porto. £18m isn’t a lot. We should look at him.
I just hope we get one leftback in, I honestly don’t care who as long as Zinchenko and Mendy stays on the bench.

I think we would be foolish to expect Aguero to play a whole season. He needs replacing because with each injury he comes back a shade less Kun than we are used to.

Age is against him. Love the fella but we shouldn’t be relying on him.
Not a case of being foolish unless you shove hime out which we won't how do you find a replacement good enough and a place in he squad for whoever , while Aguero is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.