It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be news for him, considering he was in a back 4 all season for PSV, and which prompted PSG to go for him and us to buy him back.

He was shocking in the home league derby. He cant play in a 4 for a top top team. He can in a 5 but there arent many that play that

He was shocking in the home league derby. He cant play in a 4 for a top top team. He can in a 5 but there arent many that play that

Oh, he was shit in one game?

Fucking hell, sell the ****.

Maybe, and this is a bit out there, but bear with me, maybe he wasn't great because he'd only started 3 league games going into that December derby and just wasn't quite match sharp? And maybe having Stones mid-mental breakdown and Fernandinho still learning to play CB wasn't the ideal defence to be dropped into?

Just an idea. Probably a lot more likely than saying he can't play the position he's spent 90% of his career in though.

I saw the first half. But he stayed on for the full 90 and Atalanta (one of the most exciting attacking sides) didn't score again after that opening half hour.

Again, I'm not suggesting City should go for him, but I think he presents decent value for some team on a free for a year or two when the going rate for a top CB now seems to be over £60m.

He will end up in China or the Middle East. He's sill in shock following the thrashing by Germany in that WC semi.

Well we gotta do something about it
We never sell good. There should be a limit to what other clubs can fleece of.
A 20 million bit for Stones. 10 million for Garcia. And let's not even talk about Dzeko or Mangala or others.
There is something inherently wrong with our policy when we try to sell players.

The issue is the wages. We have to take a lower fee because the wages of our players is simply a lot higher than what buying clubs can afford i think.

Oh, he was shit in one game?

Fucking hell, sell the ****.

Maybe, and this is a bit out there, but bear with me, maybe he wasn't great because he'd only started 3 league games going into that December derby and just wasn't quite match sharp? And maybe having Stones mid-mental breakdown and Fernandinho still learning to play CB wasn't the ideal defence to be dropped into?

Just an idea. Probably a lot more likely than saying he can't play the position he's spent 90% of his career in though.
Agree with some of that. Thought he took unnecessary criticism for our performances at Liverpool and against that lot, which were poor team performances, and he was also the focus of criticism when caught offside repeatedly against Port Vale. However, he was consistently playing on a left that had lost Laporte and Sané, so it was never settled inside or ahead of him.

I wouldn’t be averse to him coming back.The links with Ait-Nouri are drying up- Monaco chasing him now- but perhaps we’re waiting to see if Leipzig will meet the agreed fee before looking elsewhere. His height shouldn’t be an issue (taller than Couto), and if he does struggle to cover in a 4, which is what Nagelsmann said, then perhaps he just needs extra coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.