It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far as I know

from Wiki.

Article 17[edit]
Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players is entitled "Consequences of Terminating a Contract Without Just Cause", and is the fifth article of Chapter IV, "Maintenance of Contractual Stability between Professionals and Clubs". It outlines the provisions which apply if a contract is terminated without just cause, and the requirement for the party in breach to pay compensation.[9] Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years.[10][11] Article 17 was introduced in December 2004, with effect from 1 July 2005.[12]

So if Messi wanted to use his clause in June when the league hadn’t finished Barcelona would of said yeah that been fine!

There is a lot grey area regarding Messi clause.

The Webster ruling/Art 17 hasn’t really been tested in a big money, high profile case yet. I have a feeling this might end up being the one that ‘blows the bloody doors off’
Excuse my ignorance but what is the Webster ruling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.