It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The framing of this is quite important.

It feels like the media have lost sight of the fact Barcelona had an agreement with Messi that he could leave for free if he told them on a date that has been about 10 days after the end of the season every year for 50 years.

A once in a lifetime global pandemic shifted the football calendar and moved the dates, so now Barcelona's board are trying to use that technicality to trap him at Barcelona.

Messi needs to speak publicly and frame it that way, and the fans will turn on Bartomeu. In the Athletic podcast they said that 20% of fans already thought he should be let go for free according to a poll on Wednesday.

Messi, if he wants to go for free, needs to speak out about it. And Puyol, Xavi, Pique etc. siding with him publicly and saying he should go would be very helpful too.

If the video piece from Messi is good, he'll make that 20% go up to 80% and the fans will be demanding Bartomeu doesn't desecrate the club even further by betraying the spirit of the agreement with their greatest player.
In return Barce can get a world class player in Garcia!

Messi has filmed a 'to-camera' piece in the last 24 hours.

It is directly to the Barcelona fans explaining his decision for asking to leave.

This should speed the entire thing up you'd think so anyway. The Barca fans after that will almost certainly get after the board to let him go, the public backlash will force Barca's hand (hopefully anyway).

I've always known Barcelona have been a political mess of a football club, but what they're doing now to their greatest ever player is a disgrace. He can't give them anymore, time they treated him fairly and with the respect he deserves.

Messi was to put a statement out on social media yesterday.

Seemingly, someone gave him a Pep talk that it would not be right to go about it this way and that Barcelona fans need to be respected and hear it directly from the horses mouth.

Far too political for me all this!!

I think I mentioned it yesterday but they should have a full playbook to run this by, the statement from batemou (sp) will have changed the approach and forced the need for this statement.

He won’t have wanted to do this but he is protecting his position with the fans. Also this will play a big part in setting the negotiation stance with Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.