It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know Mino has had £15m upfront from Dortmund don't you.

Oh, and another £10m went to Haaland's old man.

The commissions were front loaded and Dortmund will pay Mino another £15m when he is transferred again.

Dortmund paid well over the original £20m buy out clause and the supposed £60m buyout clause next year has also been redrafted.

You're Right, Dortmund aren't that daft - nor to agree a £60m sale when they still owe £15m more to his agent.
Are you ITK of Dortmund/Raiola's dealings as well ? Very precise figures there. Some contact book that fella.

Know what you are saying but the only player we’ve sold for reasonable money( who was a top player) is Sané. Yaya was big money at the time and about 27. Then the likes of Silva and Aguero who whilst we’re admittedly younger you can see what I’m saying. If he scores 150 goals over 5 years which he’s very capable of doing we’d win at least 3 titles and he’d be a bargain as barmy as the price is.

With the odd exception, Mahrez, the age profile of our signings has totally changed since those days when we needed to make statement signings. I’m not saying we won’t, replacing Aguero is arguably the most difficult bit of business we’ll have needed to do and it makes sense to go for a proven prem scorer, it’s just hard to reconcile the numbers with our financial model the last few years.

Earlier this month, a claim from Barcelona-based journalist Lu Martin said that news of Barcelona interest in the return of their former youth product was a lie and the briefings to Catalan media were a PR venture to indicate to the club’s fanbases that they are making efforts to sign the player but cannot compete with City’s wages.

It follows a report last month in Diario Sport which claimed the defender is now into the final 12 months of his contract at the English champions, rather than the deal ending in 2022 as originally reported and as such Barcelona were in ‘control’ of his future.

That report drew the parallels between Garcia and that of Gerard Pique – who left La Masia’s youth academy due to mismanagement and joined Manchester United, before returning to the Camp Nou and enjoying a long and distinguished career at the club.

Are you ITK of Dortmund/Raiola's dealings as well ? Very precise figures there. Some contact book that fella.

I used to work on behalf of him and Mario when they were over here.

My brother is more connected to Mino on that front though.

I know you were perhaps being facetious (apologies if not), but my contacts book has been built up over 30 years.

No worries, bud, plenty of people on this forum who you would be surprised to learn their jobs or backgrounds.

Ironically, those figures are what United were steering when they pulled out of the Haaland deal.

They were sick of handing Mino those type of deal-making commissions after Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan and Pogba.

Can obviously be construed as sour grapes but United were convinced they had him at one stage.

Last edited:
With the odd exception, Mahrez, the age profile of our signings has totally changed since those days when we needed to make statement signings. I’m not saying we won’t, replacing Aguero is arguably the most difficult bit of business we’ll have needed to do and it makes sense to go for a proven prem scorer, it’s just hard to reconcile the numbers with our financial model the last few years.

True but signing the England captain and the only one who’s goal scoring record compares to Aguero’s, as he enters what should be his peak years could be seen as very worthwhile.

I used to work on behalf of him and Mario when they were over here.

My brother is more connected to Mino on that front though.

I know you were perhaps being facetious (apologies if not), but my contacts book has been built up over 30 years.

No worries, bud, plenty of people on this forum who you would be surprised to learn their jobs or backgrounds.

Tolime

DO you think we could have a chance at getting Haaland in the future? Obvioulsy not happening this summer but when his buy out clause kicks in?
The competition for this lad would be huge I would presume

He’s definitely mobile and a strong runner when fully fit. He doesn’t have great pace but neither do Aguero or Jesus. Another quick wide player who can actually cross and Kane down the middle would be perfect going forwards

Kane wouldn’t be my first choice but the thought of all those delicious crosses we make going to somebody who isn’t a midget sounds good. I think he would make us even more difficult to defend against and potentially be the difference in games such as the recent Southampton defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.