It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i am in the minority here but i would take Grealish over Aouar .
and i personally believe anyone that would want Martinez over Kane is being silly . An unproven(to a degree) 22 year old for 100m + or a Englishman in his prime who bangs them in nearly as regularly as Kun for probably around 120m.

Agree on the assessment but it’s not as simplistic as that. Which club wants to sell, what are wage demands etc? Does the player have interest from elsewhere?

Even in the highlights videos he looked very raw. Maybe he's one we will revisit later if he progresses. The club is on a bit of an u20 full back buying spree at the moment. 4 RB's already, now Caio Roque the Brazilian 18 year old LB.

You'll know better than me, but I don't see us buying a LB. Aké seems like too big a purchase to only get games when Laporte is rested or injured. I don't think they'd have spent that much on him if they didn't expect him to play alongside Laporte sometimes, and that means time at LB or a back 3. On paper he's a much better version of the Delph/Zinchenko type LB we've had so much success with.

Guarantee that if we revisit on him he'll be four times the cost by then knowing us!

Guarantee that if we revisit on him he'll be four times the cost by then knowing us!

What's that old Florentino Perez story? Jorge Valdano calls Perez up in 2002 and says he has a kid called Kaka he can buy for €10m who will be worth €60m one day. Perez tells him to call back when he's worth €60m.

Big clubs buy players when they're good enough, we can't carry them before they are ready. CFG signs plenty of developing kids for that.

I know it’s early days but if there was one time to go and get a player you’ve always wanted it would be now with FFP not so much an issue and prices down due to Covid.

Not seeing it quite yet. If the rumours of a 300 million kitty are correct we are going to have a lot of change particularly with the outgoings.

Would have loved to see us get Werner and Havertz and 54 million for Aouar seems a good price to me.

Watch us now panic and give 100m to Napoli!

I think we will be fine with Ake and Torres as the main signings. Only concern is if Kun's injury is worse than expected

I think we will be fine with Ake and Torres as the main signings. Only concern is if Kun's injury is worse than expected

I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking, but the signing of a commanding CB would be perfect. The LB situation still isn't ideal. But unless we sign someone of high quality, I'm assuming Ake could fill in (assuming we do sign one CB), plus Mendy has looked better.

I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking, but the signing of a commanding CB would be perfect. The LB situation still isn't ideal. But unless we sign someone of high quality, I'm assuming Ake could fill in (assuming we do sign one CB), plus Mendy has looked better.

I don't think we're going into the season without another CB in and Otamendi out.

I've come around to Diego Carlos after watching the Roma game, he's back on TV vs. Wolves tonight.

If Napoli won't play ball, £67m on Carlos will fill the gap, and selling them Angelino really makes sense as well with them losing Reguillon so I'd hope that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.