It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City desperate to beat Liverpool to signing of Thiago from Bayern Munich – with Pep Guardiola also in contact with Kingsley Coman and David Alaba

Pep Guardiola is refusing to concede defeat to Liverpool in the race to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara this summer.

In fact, the Catalan coach is reportedly ‘in talks’ with his former side about the possibility of also signing Kingsley Coman and David Alaba in a sensational triple swoop.

Guardiola worked with Thiago at Barcelona and even brought him to Bavaria in 2013, and he needs to fill the void created by David Silva following the end of his contract at the Etihad.

However, the Bayern midfielder is a keen admirer of Jurgen Klopp and has been chased by the Reds all summer – with a report from Bild even suggesting a deal is done.

Yet Soccer Link in France claim City have ‘stepped on the accelerator’ in their attempts to bring the Spain international to Manchester this summer, despite Liverpool having a ‘clear advantage’.

In the same report, moves for Alaba and Coman are also mentioned and it would be quite understandable given how the four-time Premier League champions looked vulnerable in defence without Vincent Kompany.

The club are also dealing with the loss of Leroy Sane to the Bundesliga champions, a move which Soccer Link also claim got the English side ‘worked up’ given the way they approached the player before signing him.

But despite their defensive deficiencies and the loss of Sane, it appears as though the focus remains on beating the Reds to the signing of Thiago this summer.

https://talksport.com/football/7490...ich-pep-guardiola-kingsley-coman-david-alaba/

I'm guessing this is bullshit, but it would be amazing.

Alaba would be the best out of those three mentioned.

Alaba would be the best out of those three mentioned.

I agree. But I'd be happy with any of them: Alaba, Thiago, Coman... Kimmich would be amazing as well, but that one is not even mentioned.

I hope the Thiago rumours are false, rather have Aouar. Thiago too fragile. I think KDB would rather have Aouar as well judging by his post Lyon match comments.

I hope the Thiago rumours are false, rather have Aouar. Thiago too fragile. I think KDB would rather have Aouar as well judging by his post Lyon match comments.

What if you could have both? If Gündogan left it would make sense. Maybe Bayern would see him as a good back-up for Goretzka and take him on a swap deal.

why would we sign Coman having just signed Torres

I'd rather have 4 wingers than just 3: Sterling, Torres, Mahrez and Coman. With Coman, we could move Sterling to the right wing or even have them switch mid-game. Mahrez is basically a RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.