It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Leeds ST holder has just told me here in the pub that apparently they want Stones if Brighton won’t sell them Ben White. Not sure they could afford his wages but he’s a Yorkshire lad and he’d be the main man there. He's also locked in a child access battle so maybe staying round here would suit him

Leeds do have money (they tried to sign Cavani on a free).

Meanwhile we'd only be playing with 10 men when out of possession and the forward press, that's the core of our defence, would be a man light and leaky.
Yes, I drool for Messi on the ball like everyone but I worry that having our team pander to a superstar might have an overall negative effect.
4 or 5 years ago, when he used to run and stuff, it'd be a resounding yes from me . . but IMO not now.

If Messi was still such a great and influential player, Barca wouldn't have lost 3:0 from Roma, 4:0 from Liverpool (without Salah and Firmino) and 8:2 from Bayern. Messi contributed nothing in attack in those games, same in defence. People talk as if Messi single handedly elevated a team like Norwich to 2nd place in La Liga. Truth is they played every fucking game with a man less in defence. People count his goals and assists but never the goals Barca conceded because of having a genius passenger in the team.

If we want to win the CL, we need a better defence, not to score 200 goals against West Ham, Brighton or Everton and boost Messi's stats in his boring competition with Ronaldo.

Hope our bosses are not naive enough to pay 150m for a 33 y.o. player who can out run only the keeper, and not by much.

You would swap a young, enthusiastic and energetic bernado for a 32 year old messi who might not even be able to cut it in this league?

Wow!!! Not for me pal. Not even close.

He wasn’t so energetic last season, but anyway, I can’t believe there is even a discussion on the forum about whether the GOAT “will be able to cut it” against Sheffield, West Brom, united and the rest. #OnlyOnBluemoon

If Messi was still such a great and influential player, Barca wouldn't have lost 3:0 from Roma, 4:0 from Liverpool (without Salah and Firmino) and 8:2 from Bayern. Messi contributed nothing in attack in those games, same in defence. People talk as if Messi single handedly elevated a team like Norwich to 2nd place in La Liga. Truth is they played every fucking game with a man less in defence. People count his goals and assists but never the goals Barca conceded because of having a genius passenger in the team.

If we want to win the CL, we need a better defence, not to score 200 goals against West Ham, Brighton or Everton and boost Messi's stats in his boring competition with Ronaldo.

Hope our bosses are not naive enough to pay 150m for a 33 y.o. player who can out run only the keeper, and not by much.
Just oceans of idiots everywhere!

I don't have a problem with his ability (although age will catch up with him) but the term too good to be true springs to mind.

1598300136328.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.