It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might depend on how patient Messi is. If his legal position is not that strong then he has less leverage as a free transfer becomes risky. If his legal position is clear cut, I think he can buy-out his contract and push quickly for a free-transfer which might force Barca to move. Seems complicated. Lots of ifs, ands, and ors.
if his legal position is clear cut ,then why would he buy out a contract that is over ?

Maybe I overestimated this Jorge Messi guy, I thought when he comes over finally and speak with Bartomeu he will beat some sense into him.

Now they had a meeting, and seems like we are not much further. Messi wants to leave, Bartomeu doesnt sell and waiting for him to start training.

Get this to court today, no reason to delay any further.

They are letting Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal all go for next to nothing, zero transfer fee, with Messi they play with us...
Lets get his contract to our lawyers from CAS, lets see what the hell actually in it, if he can leave for free no reason whatsoever for City to lose lots of money because they want friendly exit.
If he wants friendly exit he has to offer his first two years of salary at City to Barcelona as a transfer fee.
Otherwise get this to court, let them come up with a final price if any and then we decide if that is ok for us or no.

We wont bend over to these...

Might depend on how patient Messi is. If his legal position is not that strong then he has less leverage as a free transfer becomes risky. If his legal position is clear cut, I think he can buy-out his contract and push quickly for a free-transfer which might force Barca to move. Seems complicated. Lots of ifs, ands, and ors.
Either way it will get done
No club can keep un unhappy player to useful ends.
Doing that would be biting your nose off to spite your face.
Bartomeu is not that stupid.
Question is are we happy to buy out or prepared to take a flyer on the free?

so messi would offer to buy out his contract approx 50m ,when his contract is saying according to him(messi) that his contract is no more ?

do some people not actually think what they are posting, not aimed at you only, but quite a few on this thread,some even saying jesus plus garcia and 70m
OK. I can see that he could argue that he could leave on a free transfer if he feels that barca have invalidated the contract. I was thinking that he would leave by buying out the last year of his contract. I am not sure what his options are. None of us know what's in his contract. These things may not be black and white so your interpretation may not be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.