It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear it would be the same as Ronaldo at Juventus. One big superstar in a team with weaknesses.

Yes it has been repeated on here that it has no bearing on other transfers with no proof this is the case.

Koulibaly transfer has ground to a halt and looks like we aren't going for anyone else in any other position.
Ground to a halt for what reason? and how do you know we aren't looking at alternatives.

I have said it before, the Messi transfer won't even be in the remit of Txiki IMO.

I fear it would be the same as Ronaldo at Juventus. One big superstar in a team with weaknesses.

Yes it has been repeated on here that it has no bearing on other transfers with no proof this is the case.

Koulibaly transfer has ground to a halt and looks like we aren't going for anyone else in any other position.
This may be a bit far-fetched but could potential targets have been waiting to see what happens with Messi? Big name players like. Just a thought.

When did we become this needy fanbase? Genuine question.

The amount of time spent either slagging of the club and those involved or worrying that we have not bought this guy or that guy is borderline scum behaviour.

We have already purchased 2 very good players. We will get a few more before the window shuts as per KAM. Messi is Messi how can we not keep trying?

We will compete next year and win at least 1 trophy. City already have a great team with a great manager.

Bernardo up and running again will be a huge bonus. Big loss of form last season. He will be the missing link not another cm. Only my opinion of course.

You have no idea like 99.9% of us how are dealings are going, we’ve added two quality additions and by Octobe 5th and hopefully before that date we’ll have some more if not then you can moan to your hearts content.

More a question of moving personnel out before we can recruit more is the way i see it
Hopefullly thats not the case as it puts business out of our control and in the hands of buyers in for our players. Possibly makes us more lenient with offers for our players. At this point who knows but I trust the club to see us right as they always have. We have the best owners in football.

I think we will bin our deadwood out on loan late in the window if we can't shift soon and just sign new players before loaning them out.

This was how City operated in 2016 summer window. Not ideal, but its better than wasting one year of progress, especially after underwhelming season.

City really need to stop being so happy with regards to contract extensions for players in their late 20s. Otamendi's original contract would have expired last month for example. Gundogan's as well.

Only extend the world class players in their late 20s, otherwise should just let expire.

I suppose that I can’t be disappointed in our efforts to upgrade our squad thus far because, I had no real expectations based on a poor transfer experience from last season. Unless Pep signs a lengthy extension to his contract I don’t suppose top players will risk their careers without knowing who will be in charge in a years time. Remember, though, the old maxim that says “you can’t win the league by the end of November but you most certainly can loose the chance to be Champions by then.
I think this will be a year to stay in the top six rather than be competing for the top spot. I also can’t see me being able to watch many games live until a vaccine is freely available for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.