It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he could have been one of the greats Beckham, but he chose celebrity and stardom, the Pisscan had my utter respect when he slapped him, he thought he was bigger than the rags.
Fair enough. My take is whatever he was like and whatever decisions he made off the pitch, on the pitch he was a genuinely great player.

He made the very most of his (not exceptional) talent,he also made the most of his image.He worked his nuts off to be the best version of himself,I admire that in anyone.
I would agree with that, from where he came from to where he is now is simply outstanding.

But I am talking about the footballer. I just read an article about Davie Moyes, talking about Beckham when he was on loan at Preston. He said his attitude and work rate in training was exemplary.

But the effort he put into becoming a celebrity had to effect the effort he put into football, it would be impossible not to.

That's the issue I have with him, very good player, but he could and probably should have been on of the very best ever.

he had the ability to be one of the best, he was good, but for me he sold out his talent for fame and money
I’m not sure what the phrase “sold out his talent” actually means though.

For example, it may not have been true, but I understood as a player he would put in extra time training to hone his set ball delivery after all the other players had gone in.

edit - only just seen your post above after writing this

I’m not sure what the phrase “sold out his talent” actually means though.

For example, it may not have been true, but I understood as a player he would put in extra time training to hone his set ball delivery after all the other players had gone in.
The greats like Messi, Ronaldo, never stop working, never, constantly working on their game, even if they are already the best, all the winners in life are that way, look at Pep, however many titles, it's not enough, it can be bettered.

That's what separates the great from the good.

best striker lol, he doesnt show up for big games
Problem is he's often on the wrong side. If we use games against the top 4 as an example, i'm sure the strikers from the opponents in 'big games' would have similar records if they played for Tottenham in them.

If that is remotely true, I 100% don't want him.

Another Beckham, jesus wept.

Thing is, Grealish gets many ladies juices flowing and is considered a social media celebrity sexpot already, even at villa his appeal on social media is quite high, makes sense his agent would want to exploit that if possible with a move to a club at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.