It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Villa offering Grealish the same wage is actually good news for us. It somehow makes it out to Grealish's side that they think he can be persuaded by money, and if he's already told them he wants to go and win trophies then he'd look like a bullshitter if he suddenly changed his mind - does that make sense? If he accepts it he kinda looks like a liar about his initial intentions and that he actually only really cared about money. I could of course be talking bullshit here, but I do think pride would kick in and you'd double down on your initial stance.
Very true. It wouldn't look good for Grealish at all if he told Villa he wanted to leave to win trophies, All of a sudden Villa say "Ok we'll match what City are offering in wages"...Grealish to then say "Ok I'll stay".
Then again the way Villa fans talk about him I think they would happy do a Bruce Jenner transformation for Jack to stay!

Very true. It wouldn't look good for Grealish at all if he told Villa he wanted to leave to win trophies, All of a sudden Villa say "Ok we'll match what City are offering in wages"...Grealish to then say "Ok I'll stay".
Then again the way Villa fans talk about him I think they would happy do a Bruce Jenner transformation for Jack to stay!
Ha, I read that as Bruce Banner which made no sense. You made me Google the name and I wish I hadn't bothered now.

two of our greatest ever legends, one quality player and one failure, if Harry and Jack get anywhere near the above they will have done very well.
View attachment 22674
When @Tricky_Trev said that this would be our best ever transfer, this picture popped into my head, who would of thought at the time they would all play a part in our history (apart from Boateng) although he was shit when we beat the German rags a few times

Would villa really be happy paying what we will? Or is it a sort of empty gesture they’re safe in the knowledge he won’t take,

Nah, he'd want Foden adding to the list as well. 'Arry will spend the rest of his career dragging a Northern Line tube a couple of stops and occasionally stumbling onto a through ball. I find the prospect of City signing 'Arry completely underwhelming me.

Have to say that my local here in the heart of Mid-Cheshire,mine host keeps a wonderful pint and its even better than some I`ve had in Dublin,seriously,

That is not very clever way to look at it imo, have you watched him when Real won 3 CL finals in a row with him being a fix part of first eleven same with WC Final with France?

Or based on how we lost to Spurs, Lyon in CL Laporte would be not needed at even Championship level club...

Yeah but it worked out fine. Sterling likely didn't need the 10 minutes rest. England saw out the game extremely comfortably.

Kane could score three against every team we play next year and some will moan he’s not as good as aguero
hearing the same with grealish and David Silva or foden
It’s boring
If Kane and grealish signed for United tomorrow we’d be gutted wouldnt we!!

Oh yessss

Villa have offered to match City's wage offer (don't know what that is)
Good offer from them although we usually heavily incentivise re team success. Villa obviously can’t realistically match that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.