It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is worth pointing out that in the most successful season in the entire history of this football club where we reached a CL final, won the league by 12 points and were 2 games away from a quadruple, Aguero played 7 times.
An interesting point.

Indeed, I thought before this xfer window - that Pep might well not want a top striker - preferring instead to play with a novel, midfield-goal-scoring lineup.

My sense at this point though - is that Pep innovated and discovered a winning way. Based though, on our pursuit of Kane (or some other top replacement for Aguero) - it would seem that Pep thinks that the way we coped last season isn't ideal.

Zin isn't talented enough to ever, ever become a first choice starter at any position - obviously. And he'll obviously never get there.

Rodri is potentially world class - at a metronome role. He's not a destroyer. Asking him to play sole defense in a game calling for a destroyer just hurts us and hurts his reputation.

>> Bring in competition for them
Well, this statement is sort of on course. Bring in youthful prospects that excel at these roles. LB. DM. That's what I've been clamoring for.

>> Grealish is exactly what we need and it’ll show
Grealish seems to be class - and I'd love for him to be in our side.

But, I've stated this central point over and over and over - we have much, much bigger needs at LB and DM - IMO. Up-spend on quality in these positions - forgo Grealish if necessary.
===
You will reply with a repetitive response following this post - you can't help yourself. In fact, I'm repeating myself here - and in the last few posts.

So, go ahead, post away - get the last word in - should we fail to sign quality players at LB and DM, and should we stumble because of this - well, I'm going to bring this post up.

Should we sign Grealish though and sail on spectacularly - feel free to do the same - hunt this post down and rub it in my face.
===
I stand firm:
Our biggest need - striker, given that Aguero is leaving
Next - quality at LB and DM.
3rd - some sort of very promising prospect at CB.
Luxury - Grealish.
I wish I could unread this.

As far I'm concerned LB is not an issue until Pep goes.

Obviously we should be prepared for that, but that's more of a next summer kind of matter to resolve.
Unless Zin continues to improve or Mendy ...... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.