It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how it would be a mistake to put it on the table? Dortmund can just say they're not interested and want cash

There’s no point in putting sancho money on any table, it could only add complexity to any deal and it wouldn’t save us any money if we did.
The sancho money isn’t free money, it’s real money that eventually comes to us as a percentage of his price when he’s sold (a debt comprised of a percentage of an assets value to be realised at a future date).
If push comes to shove Dortmund will have a perceived value range set against that debt, and might even allow an amount at the lower end of their notional sum to be knocked off any sum offered by us in exchange, but they’d then need to calculate interest on that amount through to their perceived sale date and add that interest (which is their due) to the sum they demand.

Dortmund and City might include the sancho money in a deal but it wouldn’t alter the cost because the sancho money would always have a value - it’s a hard to calculate debt but a debt nevertheless and relinquishing money owed to your accounts is ultimately the same as paying money out of your account.

The sancho money is not a magic trick that brings free money out of fresh air and gives us some price advantage but some on here talk as if it is.

If we are going to refuse to pay the £100m it will take to get the striker we need, due to budget constraints with having other positions to fill, then I can honestly say I’d be totally fine with us ignoring every other targeted position for another year and putting the entire budget for this summer into the Haaland deal. It’s worth it. We have about 5 players that can play left back and we have 2 that can play DM and 3 if Fernandinho stays, plus Doyle and Lavia in reserve. I can cope with that if it’s the only way to get Haaland.

After watching him today i would take Danny Ings as a stop gap and only as a stop gap. No matter what you think of him he is a good finisher and would score in this city side.
With his injury record, and ours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.