It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistics are not facts. That is one of the first things you learn on a statistics course

I think you’ve must’ve taken a little opening joke by a tutor as being a fact and then misunderstood everything said thereafter because statistics are facts.
They can of course be presented in isolation rather than holistically, thus giving a skewed view, but they are facts and that’s why football clubs invest £millions in them and why companies providing such data have grown exponentially in recent years.

I think you’ve must’ve taken a little opening joke by a tutor as being a fact and then misunderstood everything said thereafter because statistics are facts.
They can of course be presented in isolation rather than holistically, thus giving a skewed view, but they are facts and that’s why football clubs invest £millions in them and why companies providing such data have grown exponentially in recent years.

Statistics are not facts at all, they are a form of interpreted data and are selected to suit agenda of the selector. I can assure you that I did alright on my statistics module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.