It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re getting confused with a “loan with an option to buy”.
There’s no such a thing as a “loan with an obligation to buy” and the only way we’d hold registration documents would be if there wasn’t an obligation or if the obligation only kicked in after a certain number of on-loan games were played etc. Which is a loan and the registration docs are initially held because isn’t an obligation to buy at that point.

What you describe is ”a loan that isn’t returnable with an initial payment followed by payment in full” which is in fact a “sale with staged payments” and, yes, the players we sell with part payment and a later payment in full, are sold complete with registration documents.

Also, when a player is sold and payments are staggered, where UK clubs are involved the outstanding sum is almost invariably bank guaranteed.
Explain this.

Kylian Mbappe is fully under contract with Paris Saint-Germain as of Sunday, after his permanent deal with the French champions kicked in on the first day of July.

The 19-year-old was on loan from Monaco last season, when he scored 13 goals and provided seven assists in 28 Ligue 1 appearances. PSG were obligated to buy him for €180 million once they officially avoided relegation.

That clause was activated in mid-February, and since then, Les Parisiens knew that they would be committing mega-money to sign a star talent for the second consecutive summer, after last year's €222m purchase of Neymar from Barcelona.

You are trying to be smart but are just getting it wrong. A loan with an obligation to buy is still a loan.
And to prove it - in the Premier league, players that are on loan are not allowed to play against their parent club. If we loaned Ake to spurs for example with an obligation to buy, he wouldn't be able to play against us this season - because it's a loan.
Also, the obligation to buy often comes with a caveat of things like the obligation to buy won't be valid if the club get relegated. Therefore it also can't be a sale because on the off chance that spurs got relegated at the end of the season, Ake would return to us.

What I wrote was that it’s not a loan when there’s an obligation to buy - then, to prove me wrong, you gave the example of a loan that doesn’t have an obligation to buy because it’s conditional on a number of things occurring before it becomes conditional.
As my example of a conditional requirement, I mentioned players playing a certain number of games, in your example you mentioned the club not being relegated.

You got on your high horse and wrote that “I was trying to be smart but was getting it wrong” but then went on to paraphrase the example of ‘conditional compared to obligated’ that I’d used.

Maybe you should read my words before jumping in with two feet?

What I wrote was that it’s not a loan when there’s an obligation to buy - then, to prove me wrong, you gave the example of a loan that doesn’t have an obligation to buy because it’s conditional on a number of things occurring before it becomes conditional.
As my example of a conditional requirement, I mentioned players playing a certain number of games, in your example you mentioned the club not being relegated.

You got on your high horse and wrote that “I was trying to be smart but was getting it wrong” but then went on to paraphrase the example of ‘conditional compared to obligated’ that I’d used.

Conditional is not the opposite of obligation.

You're wrong, everybody else knows you're wrong. Why can't you just admit it instead of digging your hole ever deeper, and coming up with ridiculous comparisons from outside of football that actually have no relevance? When shown you're wrong, you then come up with equally ridiculous reasons as to why you're not wrong.

In case you're still wondering, you're wrong.

You're wrong, everybody else knows you're wrong. Why can't you just admit it instead of digging your hole ever deeper, and coming up with ridiculous comparisons from outside of football that actually have no relevance? When shown you're wrong, you then come up with equally ridiculous reasons as to why you're not wrong.

In case you're still wondering, you're wrong.

He is clearly a wum mate. He still hasnt explained why if it a sale the player is still playing why the terms of the parent clubs contract.

Post needed from one of the ITK's to get this thread back on track.
Who are we selling for 100M to fund Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.