It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the week after Chrimbo I think sadly mate, but I know what you mean - loved hearing Radio 1 having to grudgingly play it!
was it? I think i remember seeing it on top of the pops xmas day...but maybe it was number 2 at that point and only got to number one after?

was it? I think i remember seeing it on top of the pops xmas day...but maybe it was number 2 at that point and only got to number one after?
Can’t believe I might even know this but I think it topped the 28th Dec chart, or whenever it was announced - apparently that was a notoriously quite week for new releases and sales figures, so the Maiden management thought it would be a hoot to release it then - or maybe I’m misremembering, which is entirely possible too!!

So if I am reading this right it looks like we want Kane but also have someone in place as a backup. it just happens to be the backup is the player Spurs have identified as Kane's replacement.

Spurs know that this is likely to be the last chance they get to sell Kane for £100 million and also need the cash, if they truly need to sell Kane then they can't afford to see us switch targets.

Hopefully we have said take it or leave it to Levy and Kane is also making it clear he wants out to strengthen our position.

Sounds like this could be fun.
I think I'm getting the hang of how our recruitment policy works... if I've got this right, we'll pay full price for both players, keep Kane and loan the other lad to Spurs for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.