It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he believed the Kane or nothing line too much and thought he had until Tuesday to drag every last penny out of it.
Not sure what actually happened but options are City pulled out, Kane pulled out or Levy pulled out (claims he was never in at the price anyway).

Like to think City told Kane they were out due to rejection of final offer (or its time condition elapsed) , he made peace with Levy and Levy missed out on a high value sale of his depreciating asset due to typical last day panic tactic backfiring.

If actual details known please ignore my speculation.

Like Ched Evans, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, & hope he has a fair trial & justice is served. Guilty or not guilty, I'd imagine he's played his last game for City.
I desperately hope so, and that is a football not a alleged rape comment. Whatever else he is or isn’t, he is a comedy left back.

The people currently running the club have brought us the past 9 years and should have all the credit in the world for that.

Still, this Kane debacle makes you wonder what the thought process was.

Jack Pitt-Brooke is a twat of magnitude infinity but his piece on this suggests the deal was never on from Spuds' perspective.

Junior people within City were told it was - these seem to be the sources that filtered through to Sam Lee, etc. But Spuds we're apparently never selling.

And no one from City even spoke to them at the first match?

Suggests to me that people at the Omar level assumed that Levy would eventually sell. Or maybe that Spuds' financial problems would force the issue.

Their finances are a dumpster fire but they've kicked that can down the road a bit. They don't need Kane money to keep the locks from being changed at the stadium.

Like my Dad said to me last thing when I moved out "never assume anything." Seems like a good basis for underpinning the next transfer strategy.

If I were them I'd throw Juve a few shekels and get Ronaldo in. I think he would rake in goals and the optics of pulling that off seem to be sorely needed.
Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.