It's quiet thread 6 - all new all dancing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqTXXOqIPts&feature=related[/youtube]

Local Hero is a 1983 Scottish film starring Peter Riegert, Denis Lawson, Peter Capaldi and Burt Lancaster. It was directed by Bill Forsyth and produced by David Puttnam.

Denis Lawson is "Wedge" from the Star Wars films. Peter Capaldi is best known for the Thick of It... My favourite Burt Lancaster movie is 'The Sweet Smell of Success'.

A local hero, a thick wedge, and the sweet smell of success.

But wait! Bill Forsyth's first movie was Gregory's Girl, a story about a Goalkeeper.

And I remember Peter Riegert as Ronald Zellman from the Sopranos. Zellman, Sell, man?

There must be some other link with that music.... ah, Tranmere play it at the end of every match.

I've got it. Shay Given is being sold to Tranmere.

I might be missing the point entirely. ;)

The "Enjoy The Silence" clue suggests to me that we have identified our targets and are confident that we'll get 'em.
Who they are I leave to others but we really should get a top striker if we plan to ship Ade and RSC out of town.

Deepest Blue said:
The "Enjoy The Silence" clue suggests to me that we have identified our targets and are confident that we'll get 'em.
Who they are I leave to others but we really should get a top striker if we plan to ship Ade and RSC out of town.[/quote]

or even out of the fookin country...

bavaria.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.