It's starting to happen.

It's noticeable that we don't see - almost daily - stories in the papers saying that the star names, such as Agüero and Silva will be leaving to join Barça or Real Madrid.

Admittedly, there have been recent rumours about Kompany leaving, but the man himself was very quick to squash those suggestions.

And of course, the fact that they've signed new contracts recently has helped.

I'd also like to mention that Jesus Navas and Fernandinho have been pushing for moves to City since the turn of the year and have expressed their desire to play for us.

I imagine we'll hear the same sort of comments from Isco once we sort out Pellegrini's contract.

MCFC BOB said:
I'd also like to mention that Jesus Navas and Fernandinho have been pushing for moves to City since the turn of the year and have expressed their desire to play for us.

I imagine we'll hear the same sort of comments from Isco once we sort out Pellegrini's contract.

Didn't Isco say something along the lines of 'Pellegrini was like a father to me and would have no problem following him to another club' ? <<< that's clearly not an actual quote, but words to that effect.

The fact that our key players have signed contract extensions with lower wages reaffirms this. They want to play for us; we've arrived.

Vienna_70 said:
It's noticeable that we don't see - almost daily - stories in the papers saying that the star names, such as Agüero and Silva will be leaving to join Barça or Real Madrid.

Admittedly, there have been recent rumours about Kompany leaving, but the man himself was very quick to squash those suggestions.

And of course, the fact that they've signed new contracts recently has helped.

Its starting to go the other way, at least in the broadsheets, Guardian ....

Having left Málaga, Pellegrini is currently finalising his deal at City with the appointment scheduled to be confirmed by the beginning of next week at the very latest.

While Roberto Mancini's successor dots the i's and crosses the t's on his new contract, Txiki Begiristain, City's director of football, and Ferran Soriano, the chief executive, are ensuring the club do not repeat last summer's mistakes and fall behind rivals in the transfer market.

Indeed Fernandinho and Navas could soon be joined by the Napoli striker Edinson Cavani and the Málaga midfielder Isco as Pellegrini aims to add adventure, pace and fluency Mancini's old ensemble.

His revamped side will be expected to gel during a hectic close-season tour embracing fixtures in South Africa, Hong Kong and Germany before concluding with a game against Arsenal in the Finnish capital Helsinki on 10 August.

jknight said:
I think if we can have a decent run in the Champions league next season things will look even better. I also think if we could attract a player like Cavani to the club in this window other players will jump on board as they'll see how stronger we're going to be.

It will be this that truly marks out a successful season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.