ITV bias

moomba said:
Uber Blue said:
For me, it was the fact that they suggested that he was going to become a forgotten man at City aka Adam Johnson

People make out that Johnson was some sort of week in, week out star whose development has been blocked by City.

He only started 49 games for Middlesbrough in 5 years since his debut.

They don't like to let the facts get in the way of a good story do they?

HollinwoodBlue said:
moomba said:
Uber Blue said:
For me, it was the fact that they suggested that he was going to become a forgotten man at City aka Adam Johnson

People make out that Johnson was some sort of week in, week out star whose development has been blocked by City.

He only started 49 games for Middlesbrough in 5 years since his debut.

They don't like to let the facts get in the way of a good story do they?

Exactly. It's just a fucking lazy and easy comment to make, in the same way that early last season certain pundits were talking up Phil Jones to be the next England Captain, but then forgetting to comment on the fact that he was utter fucking dogshit during the second half of last season. It's just tedious.

Anyone had the misfortune to read Rob Beasley's article in the sun newspaper today.... You're all vile cunts according to him and had a dig about the empty seats as well. I bet the **** new there was a shit load of fans stuck on the motorway but thought he'd have a dig all the same.

allan harper said:
Anyone had the misfortune to read Rob Beasley's article in the sun newspaper today.... You're all vile cunts according to him and had a dig about the empty seats as well. I bet the **** new there was a shit load of fans stuck on the motorway but thought he'd have a dig all the same.

No, but at least I can choose to not to read it. When watching a game you're stuck with the bellends spewing bullshit and bollocks (unless you turn the volume down but then you can't hear the crowd).

allan harper said:
Can I just ask, why would he have a dig all the same?

Pigeonho said:
allan harper said:

Dunno I'm eating my lunch.

Pigeonho said:
allan harper said:

Because it's sensationalist?

Pigeonho said:
allan harper said:

I understand what you're getting at, but isn't that just evidence of an even more worrying trend? The guy's supposed to be a journalist, or at the very least a reporter, isn't his job to report the events he witnesses in an unbiassed manner? Maybe even to research the subject he is reporting on and then give the readers a clear picture of the event? While he simply used his own opinion to sensentionalise the skeleton of the story into the story that he wanted to tell....(?)

I'm so naive aren't I :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.