Itv4 big match revisited Palace away 1980

Rags v saints now, time to switch over to a cooking programme

Yeah, I’ve switched over now, any mention of that lot on the box means I reach for the remote, I can’t stand em, that tackle from Gow…..he Would have got 4 reds for that today
Nicky Reid could dish it out as well, run through a brick wall for City he would
But near the end there Vince Hilare left a late one on Paul Power when he was clearing the ball,

Remember it well and it was a great run to the end if the season and the cup final of course. I just switched on in time for Gerry Gows winner ! Watched the rags and Southampton should have had a stonewall pen when Channon was brought down but the ref waived play on and they scored, which was just as well.Some things never change !

Palace finished last that season and we were about 13th.

Although I was only a nipper when this era of football was played and didn't follow the sport until 1994, I have no idea what it was like at the time to live and breathe it while it was happening. It's like when I first started listening to music in 1998; I started following the charts when it was common for songs to enter at their highest chart placing, then drop down the chart every week due to first week discounts for CD singles. I missed out when it was common for songs to enter at like No.45 and then a while later be a No.1.

So, to catch up and have some sort of idea, I have been watching the BBC 4 Top of the Pops repeats and The Big Match Revisited religiously (the latter was from lockdown onwards)..... and I must say, football was much better and much more entertaining back then and not financially greedy either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.