ITV4 - Sat 11:30am - City/Gillingham documentary (on ITVX)

Well spotted. Nice bit of nostagia. Id forgotten how late all the goals were including Gillinghams. The ref, Mark Halsey, explained he had been booked into the Hilton by the FA so nothing to do with favouring City when reported as "celebrating with fans" when it was coincidence he was in the same hotel.

There were quite a few of us in the Gillingham end as tickets were easy to obtain if you went to their ground.

Yes, when all the Gillingham fans had fucked off, there was left a bunch of several hundred City fans, who’d all congregated at the bottom of the far end, just to the side of the post.

Some of the City players made the effort to go up that end of the pitch to give them a clap.

Just watched it. Looks like it’s been done by Gillingham FC instead of the usual all-City fare. It’s their local TV commentary with Horton and features lots of their players. It’s fine but they’ve run quite a few of the clips in the wrong place (celebrations being shown which occurred later in the game etc) and the crowd sound quality, which could have added real drama, is awful. It captures Gillingham’s heartbreak better than City’s joy. Fair play for the balance I suppose.

Last edited:
Just watched it. Looks like it’s been done by Gillingham FC instead of the usual all-City fare. It’s their local TV commentary with Horton and features lots of their players. It’s fine but they’ve run quite a few of the clips in the wrong place (celebrations being shown which occurred later in the game etc) and the crowd sound quality, which could have added real drama, is awful.

5/10.
Anyone else read that in a Barry Norman voice? Nope, just me!

Soz Dave, couldn’t resist!!

My worst day in football…
After the Stoke game that was the most painful watch.. 2-0 down with a few to go…
And then penalties….
Horrible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.