ITV4 - Sat 11:30am - City/Gillingham documentary (on ITVX)

Just watched it. Looks like it’s been done by Gillingham FC instead of the usual all-City fare. It’s their local TV commentary with Horton and features lots of their players. It’s fine but they’ve run quite a few of the clips in the wrong place (celebrations being shown which occurred later in the game etc) and the crowd sound quality, which could have added real drama, is awful. It captures Gillingham’s heartbreak better than City’s joy. Fair play for the balance I suppose.
I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the City season review vhs/DVD released at the time uses the same commentary.

I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure the City season review vhs/DVD released at the time uses the same commentary.
I think you are correct, Brian was co-commentator on whichever ever of the 2 main stations televised it, excerpts from which were used by City. His classic quotes were “it’s over now,” after their second followed moments later following Horlock’s goal by “it’s not over yet, I said that”

Youre right but It was originally from south east TV or something I think. The sky commentary was miles more exciting but obviously City couldn’t licence it. Although the best of all was Andy Buckley on GMR which I had as my ring tone for a while.

Youre right but It was originally from south east TV or something I think. The sky commentary was miles more exciting but obviously City couldn’t licence it. Although the best of all was Andy Buckley on GMR which I had as my ring tone for a while.
I've been trying to find the Sky commentary for years. Never had any luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.