I've been bitten by big PitBull type dog.

StrangewaysHereWeCome

Just about half hour ago. Went in this garden to deliver something and this dog flies out from behind a car onn drive and its had me. Claret everywhere. One bite to my hand, made a right mess. Owner eventually makes it downstairs and says i shouldn't have come through gate pointing to a sign in his window the size of a postcard. Nothing on gates. Is that right?

better still, doctors round corner said they cant do nowt cos I'm not their patient! I've gone back to work and am on to a and e soon as. Are the doctors and dog owner right? Advise me please.

Re: I've been bitten by big PitBull type dpg.

Get to no win no fee solicitor and sue the dog owner, I'd also inform the police! a child could have wandered into the garden, what then?

Hope your injuries aren't too bad :(

I don't know about how clear the signing should be mate.
I do know the dog has a lot of rights on his own property though.

The desire to parody is strong with this thread :D

Hope your ok mate.

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
Just about half hour ago. Went in this garden to deliver something and this dog flies out from behind a car onn drive and its had me. Claret everywhere. One bite to my hand, made a right mess. Owner eventually makes it downstairs and says i shouldn't have come through gate pointing to a sign in his window the size of a postcard. Nothing on gates. Is that right?

better still, doctors round corner said they cant do nowt cos I'm not their patient! I've gone back to work and am on to a and e soon as. Are the doctors and dog owner right? Advise me please.

Blimey mate, hope you're not too shook up, a dog attacked a lad I was working with and it was a shitty experience, not life threatening or owt, but just a nasty surprise for us, (mainly him).

I think the local Doc's are shithouses for turning down an injured man when they could easily have helped, don't know where you stand in law, but morally they've let you down.

As for the dog owner - I would imagine any lawyer would tell you to sue their ass for not keeping their dog under control, as it's reasonable to expect callers to your front door, I'm sure others will know the answer in law.

get off to A & E and get a cup of something in you in case you're feeling a bit shocked etc..

I always thought that if you put a sign up saying "beware of the dog" you were in effect saying I know my dog is aggressive. If your dog then ends up biting someone on their property the owner can be prosecuted as they already admitted they have an aggressive dog.

Carver said:
get a tetanus shot/ booster immediately.

This
Clean it now with hot soapy water and get straight to casualty as infection can be bad if not treated straight away
Then call the police and they will advise you
As for doctors refusing to treat you,that is wrong,complain in writing to the surgery
Hope you are ok

TCIB said:
I don't know about how clear the signing should be mate.
I do know the dog has a lot of rights on his own property though.

The desire to parody is strong with this thread :D

Hope your ok mate.

Im sure the law was changed last year to include private property - the dog owner can be prosecuted although if this law not actually passed yet you will still be able to make a claim for compensation, could be worth a couple of grand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.