I've seen enough

I mean that he's been an impact player. Most of his best performances have been short stints as a sub. Can he be more? Yes - but he has to improve his workrate, awareness, passing, decision making etc. His positional sense and goalscoring threat alone should be enough to get a place on the bench though.

Think we agree on that one

I don't understand this short term 'win at all costs' mentality.

The club has been very clear about its strategy of building for the long term future with the academy. We finally have a manager in Guardiola who has proven his system and style of play work consistently at the very highest level. He's inherited a lot of players who can implement his system and a lot that can't unfortunately, so he has two choices;
1) trust the system and give the better players the experience of implementing it, knowing that we might suffer short term or...
2) panic and change the one thing that is consistently proven to deliver success at the highest level in the hope of short term success.

We have a system and style of play we know works, we have a fantastic core group of players (Stones, Kompany, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Jesus and Aguero) who just need time and experience to implement it all. A few new additions in the summer and we'll be flying next season. Behind that we have all our academy teams playing the same way who will eventually give us a very sustainable long term future.

Ps... Pep, if you're reading this then ignore everything I said above on derby day and smash the dirty red scummy bastards however the fuck we have to.

Last edited:
Did you not see us at Stamford bridge, well beaten and hardly laid a glove on them, aimless possession means nothing, if anything it plays into opponents hands.id much rather see a well drilled well organised team with top quality players.

I've seen enough from Pep this season to say we will be right up there and better next year.
Dominated Spurs at home, unlucky twice v Chelsea, outstanding first half at Old Trafford that brought tears to my eyes, superb at times against Barcelona and Monaco.

I've seen enough from Sane, Sterling and Jesus that we can rip anyone on our day. That Silva and KDB can change games with a pass.

I've seen players who can now go with our thanks for their service Clichy, Zabaleta, Toure amongst others, that have been multiple trophy winners and champions.

I've seen enough to suggest this season but isn't over and there's still another trophy and top 4 place in us.

Well said this man.

The facts of the matter are that we have a bright future ahead of us

We are currently in a transitional phase where our previous world class players are coming to the end or are not the forces they were

At our peak we definitely had four players that were undoubtedly world class and would get in any team in the world

Vinny
Yaya
Silva
Aguero

We now have Perhaps one maybe two but we have Three or four that could get to that level.

Sane
Jesus
Sterling
Stones

If we see the improvement in the four above plus add one or two more in the summer who are or could get to that level then we will be back and able to compete with the very best teams

We also have a massive advantage that we didn't have at our peak : Pep , the best manager in world football

I don't share the same confidence as the OP for next season unfortunately, this is because the defence and central midfield still needs sorting, this may or may not take more than one summer transfer window to resolve.

If we're lucky and get all our first choice players this summer, even then it may take them half a season to gel with the rest of the team and learn to play the way Pep wants them to.

So for me the third season under Pep is where I hope we will see his true team and style of play brought to Manchester and with it tremendous success too!

I always thought we would be fighting for 4th place this season purely because of too many ageing players who wouldn't fit in with Pep's style of play.

My only disappointment with Pep has been his reluctance to be more pragmatic with the players he has and adjust his tactics accordingly, he appears to be dogmatic in his approach to football, which is why we haven't progressed since last season, to me he isn't the best coach in the world, far from it.

I don't understand this short term 'win at all costs' mentality.

The club has been very clear about its strategy of building for the long term future with the academy. We finally have a manager in Guardiola who has proven his system and style of play work consistently at the very highest level. He's inherited a lot of players who can implement his system and a lot that can't unfortunately, so he has two choices;
1) trust the system and give the better players the experience of implementing it, knowing that we might suffer short term or...
2) panic and change the one thing that is consistently proven to deliver success at the highest level in the hope of short term success.

We have a system and style of play we know works, we have a fantastic core group of players (Stones, Kompany, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Jesus and Aguero) who just need time and experience to implement it all. A few new additions in the summer and we'll be flying next season. Behind that we have all our academy teams playing the same way who will eventually give us a very sustainable long term future.

Good post mate.

I don't share the same confidence as the OP for next season unfortunately, this is because the defence and central midfield still needs sorting, this may or may not take more than one summer transfer window to resolve.

If we're lucky and get all our first choice players this summer, even then it may take them half a season to gel with the rest of the team and learn to play the way Pep wants them to.

So for me the third season under Pep is where I hope we will see his true team and style of play brought to Manchester and with it tremendous success too!

I always thought we would be fighting for 4th place this season purely because of too many ageing players who wouldn't fit in with Pep's style of play.

My only disappointment with Pep has been his reluctance to be more pragmatic with the players he has and adjust his tactics accordingly, he appears to be dogmatic in his approach to football, which is why we haven't progressed since last season, to me he isn't the best coach in the world, far from it.

So you're happy to scrap Peps' system and style of play in search of results this season?

Then what happens next season, do you scrap Peps' system and style of play again to get results because you're too cowardly and scared to give the new players time to learn and adapt?

It's a continual loop of procrastination because you're fearful of short term results and exactly why we would never progress. Completely irrational.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.