Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we can get WIlly over there next year, the team as a whole though isn't too bad. I think it has definitely helped that Villa, Lampard and Pirlo all came over after playing a very high level. Pirlo and Villa just after being in a CL final and Lampard playing in the prem and scoring goals.

I like Harrison, be interesting to see if we ever see him over in Manchester for Pep to have a look at.

Congratulations to Jack Harrison who has been called up for England u21. Hopefully a great step for him in his career.

I don't think it will be long before he is being moved within CFG.
I like Harrison, I used to watch a lot of NYCFC and it was easy to see he had a lot more ability than that league. The posts above are from 2016 and 17! (Time has flown by!)

I think he would have been a decent squad option for us, unlikely to nail down a place in the 18 every week which is why he is best off at Leeds. Good to see him doing well and Leeds have had a great deal with the finances involved but realistically, if we put him on the market ourselves we are probably getting no more despite his season.

So are we expecting Harrison to replace Sterling in the euros?

Behave... You know it doesn't work like that. International tournament football bears no comparison to league football, and Gareth Southgate is 99.9% certain to pick his established favourites / 'regulars'.

Jack Harrison looks to me to be a better long-term option for City, and - particularly if he was to sign for us - is likely to be somewhere in Southgate's thinking for the 2022 World Cup.

Don’t think we have any intention of letting Sterling go, as far as I can tell the intention is for him to extend.

If he hasn't already signed a new contract by then, he'll be in the shop window during the Euros. An offer in excess of £50m would almost certainly be given serious consideration by City... Making a profit on his book value, and a significant reduction on salary paid to his replacement. It's a no-brainer

It's a business - In my view, the club would be daft to extend his current contract for any more than 12 months if it means increasing his wages. He's most definitely not a £300k per week player.

Hand on heart... Does anyone on this thread honestly think that Raheem Sterling would be a better provider next season for (say) Haaland / Kane / Torres etc than Jack Harrison?

As much as I like Raheem, the impression I have had from performances over the last year or so that he has either 'peaked' or his mind is elsewhere. It's a real shame, but there's no room for sentiment - You're as good as your last game, and Raheem certainly doesn't look the same player he was before 2019/20 season.

Sterling was involved in 40 goals last season (goals + assists) - considering he rarely takes penalties, that's an amazing stat.

This season, so far it's just 25. The ONLY player who has contributed more is De Bruyne (with 26), and without penalties he's below Sterling on 24.

Given that Sterling's style of play wins more penalties that anyone else, he's arguably even further out in front in terms of contribution.

And remember, this is him having a "poor" season.

Don’t think we have any intention of letting Sterling go, as far as I can tell the intention is for him to extend.

I agree with that but rumours are that Sterling is feeling a bit disenfranchised and if that leads him to hold off signing a contract extension in the next few weeks then I think City will put him on the market this summer, while he’s still got 2 years left on his contract and can command a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.