Jack the Ripper

The guy who claimed to have been given James Maybrick's diary in a pub later confessed under oath that he wrote it with his wife. Tests on the ink used to write the letters showed a modern chemical formulation, not available until the 1970s.

Worth a watch if you want an up to date 'documentary' - it's in 5 parts on youtube, starts here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzarWDOpPj0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzarWDOpPj0</a>

The notion of two men being involved certainly makes sense.On the night of the double murder of Catherine Eddowes and Liz Stride the only man that supposedly ever saw the Whitechapel murderer(Israel Schwartz) claimed he saw a man speaking with a woman in a doorway.He supposedly threw the woamn to the ground and when he saw Schwartz observing this,he then turned and shouted Lipski to another man staning a shirt distance away.I think Schwartz panicked then and done one,but he does claim to have been followed by the second man in the street.

If his story was true,then he is probably the only man that ever witnessed the Whitechapel murderer.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
johnny on the spot said:
I must get asked about this at least 3 times a week by the usual Martine Cole types.....

'WHO WAS THE RIPPER?'

I'm a fanatical librarian, I'mhalf decent when it comes to research and have some decent civic/military contacts. If your great grandad won the VC I can tell you what the mad bastard had for breakfast that morning. But I haven't a Scooby Doo as to the identity of Jack the Ripper. I can however source original press documents without bother.

How bout BM as a site gets involved and solves the fucker once and for all?

I'm a ripper nut pal, and from the amount i've read on the subject the best piece of investigatory journalism was done in the book by stephen wright 'the final solution', his body of work centres around the famous victorian artist walter sickert, a very interesting theory, though somewhat tainted by pieces of evidence being rebuffed after patricia cornwell brought out a book and totally did the hollywood conspiracy genre, in the process destroying a legitimate theory. The evidence by Wright was compelling as it closely linked sickert and Klosowski (aka chapman), who were believed to be drinking buddies, creatures of the night. Sickert in his famous 'camden town murder' painting reveals
sickert_camden.jpg

astonishing facts about a ripper murder, documentation which was only released by the met in 1919, the painting is dated much earlier. The link between sickert and klosowski is also reinforced by the portraits of 2 of chapmans 3 wives.
Obviously it is a mystery which will be clouded throughout time, though the face of a genuine suspect, and my personal number 1 suspect is here

George Chapman aka Severin Antoniovich Klosowski
gc.jpg

I've just ordered Stephen Wrights book based on your recomendation,it sounds like a very interesting theory and I've always loved Sickerts paintings! His "In the room of Jack the Ripper" is in the city gallery and well worth seeing! Can't wait to read the book.

pinkwheeltrim said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
I'm a ripper nut pal, and from the amount i've read on the subject the best piece of investigatory journalism was done in the book by stephen wright 'the final solution', his body of work centres around the famous victorian artist walter sickert, a very interesting theory, though somewhat tainted by pieces of evidence being rebuffed after patricia cornwell brought out a book and totally did the hollywood conspiracy genre, in the process destroying a legitimate theory. The evidence by Wright was compelling as it closely linked sickert and Klosowski (aka chapman), who were believed to be drinking buddies, creatures of the night. Sickert in his famous 'camden town murder' painting reveals
sickert_camden.jpg

astonishing facts about a ripper murder, documentation which was only released by the met in 1919, the painting is dated much earlier. The link between sickert and klosowski is also reinforced by the portraits of 2 of chapmans 3 wives.
Obviously it is a mystery which will be clouded throughout time, though the face of a genuine suspect, and my personal number 1 suspect is here

George Chapman aka Severin Antoniovich Klosowski
gc.jpg

I've just ordered Stephen Wrights book based on your recomendation,it sounds like a very interesting theory and I've always loved Sickerts paintings! His "In the room of Jack the Ripper" is in the city gallery and well worth seeing! Can't wait to read the book.

Its a fantastic read pal, very compelling though as with all of these books, reading between the lines is essential if you are able to eliminate possibility from complete fiction. Indeed the reason I was drawn to the book was my love of the subject matter, but i am also a big fan of Sickerts work, as dickens captured victorian Britain through the pen, so does Sickert with marvelous accuracy.

Recent book on topic. Jack the Ripper:Case Closed by Dr Andrew Cook

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1176040/Jack-Ripper-invented-win-tabloid-newspaper-war.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-war.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.