Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely true. Wilcox was saying it the other day in the press, and I had confirmation from someone very close to one of the young lads (and he's a first year scholar too) that he'll be moving up to the EDS next year as well. I suspect we'll just see a LOT of players moving on next year one way or another. We've officially partnered with NAC now, so I'd expect 3 or 4 to go there at least. The others may go on loan en masse. Wilcox said the club plans for the EDS to be an u19s group, so that immediately rules out loads of players. They must have something in place, otherwise they'd not have said this. This u18s team is too good to be promoted to the EDS and sat on the bench week in week out. Naturally they'll drop down for the FA Youth Cup as they always do, but they can't sit out EDS league games so it's a bit of a head fuck.

They have gone public on it though so there must be plans in place.

This as got to happen with the U16's being so good. They have to be tested in a higher age group and see what they are made of.
The EDS will go on loan or be involved in the 1st team and i can see a few being sold or let go.

Sancho's a lot behind at the moment pure and simply because he's still an u16. He's made a few appearances for the u18s but he's by no means a regular. Brahim is a year old and is a year ahead. Sancho is a huge talent, defo, but very young still and I don't suspect we'll see anything major from him until he plays week in week out for the u18s.

I think it's the same as Brahim was last year, when he first stepped up last year it took a couple of months to settle and get used to the higher level but then 6 months later and he's the star of the show.

1 thing that could help is maybe mixing training groups in maybe 1-2 sessions a week, could really help the current 18's with the eds next season could bring on the golden generation massively( half of each squad in 2 groups) or mixed behind closed doors matches.

It's definitely true. Wilcox was saying it the other day in the press, and I had confirmation from someone very close to one of the young lads (and he's a first year scholar too) that he'll be moving up to the EDS next year as well. I suspect we'll just see a LOT of players moving on next year one way or another. We've officially partnered with NAC now, so I'd expect 3 or 4 to go there at least. The others may go on loan en masse. Wilcox said the club plans for the EDS to be an u19s group, so that immediately rules out loads of players. They must have something in place, otherwise they'd not have said this. This u18s team is too good to be promoted to the EDS and sat on the bench week in week out. Naturally they'll drop down for the FA Youth Cup as they always do, but they can't sit out EDS league games so it's a bit of a head fuck.

They have gone public on it though so there must be plans in place.

There is Girona too. Whilst there is every chance they could get in the play offs for La Liga, i doubt they would go up.
Another 3 or 4 there would keep the lads together and give them the pro football they need.
So 3 or 4 at Girona, 3 or 4 at NAC and 3 or 4 elsewhere would see a team sorted and not have them individually scattered to the four winds.

We'll be talking about Sancho next year how everyone is talking about Brahim right now. Immense talent.

Last edited:
Do you watch him on a regular basis?
Sadly, no. I wish I could though. I felt similarly about Diaz last year. The way he moves with and without the ball, his dribble and creativity, his overall skillset is just so good to ignore. With that said, he isn't as good as Brahim was at the same age, in my opinion. Living in the US, has especially limited my viewing. I'm hoping to come back to Manchester soon so I can see more.

I'll have to say I've yet to be convinced.
No doubt he's a good player but I don think, at the moment, he has developed to Brahim's level
Sorry, I meant, we'll be talking about Sancho by this time next year how everyone is talking about Brahim now. I messed up the text in my post lol. I agree, Brahim is way ahead of him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.