Jadon Sancho

Dortmund getting beat 2-1. I think Sancho is only really getting game time because they've seemingly imploded half-way through Bosz's tenure and not much has changed under Stöger. They hope an extremely talented youngster in Sancho can change that.

Well it's just my opinion, but I recon Pep gave Maffeo a fair old looking at, & decided he wasn't good enough as a footballer.

I thought he should have been a first team squad player for several years (what we had ahead of him, was just not that good, full stop) but I recon Pep tested him as a wingback, to see what he offered on the ball & he basically offered nothing, so he sent him away.

We haven't seen him since & imo, he's on trial now at Girona, to see if he is good enough creatively, & I have to say, even as a committed believer in playing young players, it's madness saying he's currently better than Danillo.
Danilo is definitely ahead right now for me. Harder system for a defender, playing out of position a lot yet he's still done fuck all wrong defensively and while not the best going forward has contributed on occasion.

It's been less of a problem under him tbh. Mancio had his obsession with 2 internationals in every position and Pellers had a squad stacked with deadwood like the fullbacks, Bony etc. We've been able to give the youngsters more of a chance because we've had a smaller senior squad. That now seems to be changing.

Thanks for that. I hadn't properly appreciated that you were looking more historically ie Mancini and Pelligrini than currently with the overload of players.

Hopefully the breakthrough with Foden and Diaz is a clear sign that Pep wants to change the culture .

Danilo is definitely ahead right now for me. Harder system for a defender, playing out of position a lot yet he's still done fuck all wrong defensively and while not the best going forward has contributed on occasion.

Maffeo is doing really well in Girona of course, playing more as a wingback/wide mid, but he's not as good on the ball, yards slower & about 6 inches shorter than Danillo (although he is very competitive aerially).

Out of the two kids, Angelino is playing much more like a Pep player, he is a really good footballer, but I don't think he's big enough & physical enough to be considered. I doubt he'd currently be any less effective than Zinchenko, as 3rd choice lb, but Z has the shirt & is bigger & potentially more physical, as well as being a good footballer.

Maffeo is doing really well in Girona of course, playing more as a wingback/wide mid, but he's not as good on the ball, yards slower & about 6 inches shorter than Danillo (although he is very competitive aerially).

Out of the two kids, Angelino is playing much more like a Pep player, he is a really good footballer, but I don't think he's big enough & physical enough to be considered. I doubt he'd currently be any less effective than Zinchenko, as 3rd choice lb, but Z has the shirt & is bigger & potentially more physical, as well as being a good footballer.
Maffeo is quicker than Danilo

Angelino's issue is that he's brain dead defensively and that won't change in the Eredivisie, we need to send him to a tougher league next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.