Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not seen evidence Mahrez plays the way Pep wants his player to play either tbf, and he gets plenty of games!

I thought he was putting in a decent shift recently tbh.

But Mahrez is a good player & completely expendable, wheras if we signed Sancho, there would be questions in Parliament if Pep benched him.

I thought he was putting in a decent shift recently tbh.

But Mahrez is a good player & completely expendable, wheras if we signed Sancho, there would be questions in Parliament if Pep benched him.

Ah I still get frustrated with take-ten-million-touches-before-giving-the-ball-away Mahrez tbh! I've always presumed that wasn't part of Pep's plans, but maybe i'm wrong. But yeah, you're spot on re the Sancho thing. Media would cause a huge stink if he wasn't starting week in week out.

Ah I still get frustrated with take-ten-million-touches-before-giving-the-ball-away Mahrez tbh! I've always presumed that wasn't part of Pep's plans, but maybe i'm wrong. But yeah, you're spot on re the Sancho thing. Media would cause a huge stink if he wasn't starting week in week out.

I know some people want us to spend 100m+ on individual players, but there's no way that happens for this reason, the expectation is they play every game.

With Ferran Torres, it's almost assumed right away he will be a back-up player for the future and he'll have to earn his way through (which I think he will).

If we were going to spend big money on a forward for the future I'd spend it on Greenwood over both Sancho and Martinez.

Sancho may be a good player, but up front is not where we are lacking. We easily create and outscore everyone every season. It's the defence that needs sorting.

We don't though, that's exactly why we need someone like Sancho. There we nine league games and an FA Cup semi where we didn't outscore everyone. We're great when we go a goal or two up, but if chances aren't going in we seem to lack someone this season to break into that parked bus. We need searing pace.

Agree about the defence though.

Sancho at this price will be an expensive buy and maybe even a needless one. We do score a lot. What we don't do is eking out 1-0 wins or holding on to a draw. We did that last season with Kompany/Laporte partnership. This season either it is a 6-0 win or a 0-1/0-2 loss. A non-porous defence is where we should start when things don't go our way. Every team has off days. There were at least 6 games where Liverpool were played out of the park but still managed to win the game. Those dives and VAR were also a big help but that debate isn't going anywhere.

20 penalties to United next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.