Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except they haven't signed him yet and I'm not convinced myself that he would be a good signing. Especially at the mooted price.
They will but aren't a lot of big money signings a risk.
Just look at the Grealish thread, people are talking about 100m fees etc, is Grealish 30m better than Sancho ?
I don't believe so

I know it'll never happen, but Sancho over Grealish for me if one of the forwards were to leave. He is a top player and will do very well wherever he lands after Dortmund. Would be a killer in this team.

This forum has a really badly tainted opinion of Sancho because he had the gall to leave. You still get people trying to kid themselves he's not that great... meanwhile he's the only player in europe other than Messi to have gotten 20 assists in 3 consecutive seasons.

Last 2 years - 82 games. 78 goals and assists. Those are the seasons he was 19 & 20. It's absolutely absurd and it's going to be painful watching him at United for the foreseeable.

The only hope is that he falls foul of the United curse and joins a long list of players post-Ferguson who go to the club and become shadows of themselves thanks to the crap managers, off pitch drama and too much expectation - although Bruno Fernandes seems to have broken that.

This forum has a really badly tainted opinion of Sancho because he had the gall to leave. You still get people trying to kid themselves he's not that great... meanwhile he's the only player in europe other than Messi to have gotten 20 assists in 3 consecutive seasons.

Last 2 years - 82 games. 78 goals and asssits.
And yet nobody has paid (so far) what Dortmund want for him despite him being only 2nd to Messi who would cost 3 times as much. We've bought loads of players in the past who had amazing stats, it really isn't that simple as you well know.

And yet nobody has paid (so far) what Dortmund want for him despite him being only 2nd to Messi who would cost 3 times as much. We've bought loads of players in the past who had amazing stats, it really isn't that simple as you well know.

Is it really surprising no one paid the €120m valuation Dortmund had last summer?

In the middle of the biggest financial crisis football has ever faced thanks to covid, which was still at it's absolute peak last summer and no one knew when it would end? This summer things are a bit calmer and United are pretty quickly going to pay up the €100m Dortmund want this year with a year less on his contract.

Seriously, the "he can't be that good if no one is paying for him" line seems pretty stupid when he's likely going to be the 6th most expensive player of all time by the end of the month.

Not convinced by Sancho at all, the German league has a habit of making players look better then they are.

be very surprised if he hits the levels wherever he goes that raz has done for us the last last 5 years.

Is it really surprising no one paid the €120m valuation Dortmund had last summer?

In the middle of the biggest financial crisis football has ever faced thanks to covid, which was still at it's absolute peak last summer and no one knew when it would end? This summer things are a bit calmer and United are pretty quickly going to pay up the €100m Dortmund want this year with a year less on his contract.

Seriously, the "he can't be that good if no one is paying for him" line seems pretty stupid when he's likely going to be the 6th most expensive player of all time by the end of the month.
I mean, Coutinho, Felix, Dembele & Pogba are in that top 6. Doesn't guarantee anything..

FWIW I think he'd do great back at us but not going to happen.

And yet nobody has paid (so far) what Dortmund want for him

To be fair, the guy is the same age as Foden and has been linked with a big money move for the last three or four summers. Just because united tried to call Dortmund's bluff last season, I wouldn't hold that against him.

Maybe it would be different if he'd demanded on leaving but he didn't seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.