James H Reeve

bluebandits said:
I wonder who that little kid was who jumped over the hoardings at Sid James Park, when he thought he heard the final whistle back in the day? Arise Sir James H Reeve

Right. This should prove I'm me. I had a photo of the Newcastle copper who sent me back over the wall. Annoyingly, I'm not in the shot, but I remember him. He had a flat hat on. If you watch the video of the game you can actually see it happen, just a few seconds before the end. I gave the bundle of photos to Gary a bit back. They were original Press photos, some with the tracing paper still attached that you had to use to scale photos up or down in the days before computers. Also visible in one of the photos is Colin Bell's willy.

Please confirm, Gary. Not about the King's privates; the other bit.

Coming soon, by public demand: the pelican on the Platt Lane roof.

Great to see James H on this site. I took him to the Reddish Branch 'Nelly' tribute and fund raiser a couple of weeks ago. Good company in the car and my grandson, Joe Mercer Royle Channon, confirms that James H is not an assassin.

I'm currently in Saloniki and of to meet members of the Aris 'Super Three' soon. I'll post on here if there's owt good to feed back. Went to the stadium this morning with an Aris friend. Just went in, got a frappe and quick look at the stadium, no need to book a tour here.

Nice and sunny here at the moment so I hope it's pissing down back home to make me feel even better.

No Greek doubles of James H here, they're nearly all fat bastards.

The King of the phone-in!

And not given full recognition for leading the fight to reclaim dignity for the initial 'H' after it's abuse at the hands of Tony Wilson.

JamesH said:
Is podcasting something to do with growing your own veg?
No I think its an impression of one..

Any decent gags going spare? they used to be good for making a few bob.. its ok, I'm not an organist.

Hi James,
Mr Gary Burt send his best wishes
all the way from South Yorkshire.

What I liked about his football show is that he would never join in when people called in to slag off individual players. Unlike The Doc, who made often ridiculously unjust and premature snap judgements about players, James H would simply say that once an underwhelming player pulled on the blue shirt, he gained superhuman properties until he buggered off to play for someone else.
What I liked about his night time show was that just because someone may not have been too tightly wrapped in a socially conventional sense, he would still not dismiss their views out of hand. Even nutters could sometimes be right, one example being the guy who made thousands of formal complaints against coppers for even trivial stuff like having their shirt collars undone. The guy was 'extreme' to say the least but his valid point was that if you let them off with the small stuff, then the bigger stuff would follow.
James H famously called the fella 'a necessary lunatic'. This was years before the Birmingham Six etc and he was dead right.
Thanks for being the best friend I never met, James H

JamesH said:
bluebandits said:
I wonder who that little kid was who jumped over the hoardings at Sid James Park, when he thought he heard the final whistle back in the day? Arise Sir James H Reeve

Right. This should prove I'm me. I had a photo of the Newcastle copper who sent me back over the wall. Annoyingly, I'm not in the shot, but I remember him. He had a flat hat on. If you watch the video of the game you can actually see it happen, just a few seconds before the end. I gave the bundle of photos to Gary a bit back. They were original Press photos, some with the tracing paper still attached that you had to use to scale photos up or down in the days before computers. Also visible in one of the photos is Colin Bell's willy.

Please confirm, Gary. Not about the King's privates; the other bit.

Coming soon, by public demand: the pelican on the Platt Lane roof.

I can confirm (the other bit, not Colin's bits!) that that is you. I have the photos here and we need to meet up at some point so I can get them back to you.

The footage of that moment appears on either the history video - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manchester-City-Maine-Road-Glory/dp/B000053TZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1307432598&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manchester-City ... 598&sr=8-1</a>

or the end of an era video - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manchester-City-Farewell-Maine-Road/dp/B0000A08O7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307433212&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manchester-City ... 212&sr=1-1</a>

Pelican on Platt Lane - another true story. Get it on here James. Well worth telling.

just wanted to say that my happiest memories of following the blues on the radio all involve james h reeve, not just because he was a blue or very witty but a real gentlemen. also loved his late night show on piccadily too. if you are on here james, then thankyou.

we have to get someone as talented as this involved at the club or local sports radio! also loved someone else's idea for stuart hall as stadium announcer, (makes me smile just thinking about it).

Great bloke on the radio and in the flesh I have met him twice and on the video up u man u he was arguably as funny as Bernard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.