James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to disagree with you on this one.

Both completely different players, both different styles of play.
How so?

Even Kevin played RM at Wolfsburg just before he came to City because his passing was so good in wide spaces.

James is a very well rounded passer, has a knack for shooting outisde the box like Kevin, and his on the ball movement is quite similar as well.

He's definitely not as good as Kevin, that was never my claim, but stylistically, if we wanted another "Big game player" like Kevin who specializes in assists or powerful goals, Maddison is the closest I can think of.

In a definitely inferior Leicester team, Maddison stills gets lots of goals and assists, is only just 1 under KdB in the league.

I even think England's best attacking 4 involves him (4231):

Kane

Grealish
Maddison
Foden

Potentially could be Foden CAM and Saka RW as well.

How so?

Even Kevin played RM at Wolfsburg just before he came to City because his passing was so good in wide spaces.

James is a very well rounded passer, has a knack for shooting outisde the box like Kevin, and his on the ball movement is quite similar as well.

He's definitely not as good as Kevin, that was never my claim, but stylistically, if we wanted another "Big game player" like Kevin who specializes in assists or powerful goals, Maddison is the closest I can think of.

In a definitely inferior Leicester team, Maddison stills gets lots of goals and assists, is only just 1 under KdB in the league.

I even think England's best attacking 4 involves him (4231):

Kane

Grealish
Maddison
Foden

Potentially could be Foden CAM and Saka RW as well.
His game has improved at Leicester, yes great at the long shots and free kicks, his link up play is good too but he spends half the game on his arse as he's a con artist when it comes to free kicks, whereas kdb's game is tight, controlled and fluid, maddison's game is a bit erratic and more looser.

His game has improved at Leicester, yes great at the long shots and free kicks, his link up play is good too but he spends half the game on his arse as he's a con artist when it comes to free kicks, whereas kdb's game is tight, controlled and fluid, maddison's game is a bit erratic and more looser.
Eh I disagree on kdb.

He has workrate but is definitely the weakest of our midfielders at controlling the ball, hence all the arguments people had about who the midfield 3 should be.

Ultimately his big game qualities are a necessity, and thats exactly the player maddison is, a big game player, a moments player.

We can always do with more of those.

Personally dont care about if a player falls over too much, in a pep team he will realize he wont get those fouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.