James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Let's get him in the squad on Tuesday night, can't see it though

This game is exactly the opportunity for a player like McAtee,his recent brilliance should be rewarded by testing him at a higher level.
The early rounds of this comp should definitely be used for such talent,it offers them a chance to shine and a glimmer of hope for their future here.

It's not that it's beneath us, it's because we have so much quality depth.

I get what your saying, but sometimes I think our squad is too big. We end up with average players taking up a bench place. When we have youth players just as talented or with the potential to be.

Some of the comments here are embarrassing. James was out for a long time last season and took time to come into form. He has started the season like a house on fire and will have earnt his chance if it continues. Those demanding that he relace Gundo or Fern immediately or that Pep take off his headphones need to consider what they're saying: 18 year olds should be earning it and forcing the decision, not having it handed to them because they have played five brilliant games in the U23s.

James is a huge talent, along with Palmer, Lavia, Delap and Mbete. I hope they get their chances but it is a gradual process, starting with the cups.

Some of the comments here are embarrassing. James was out for a long time last season and took time to come into form.

No he wasn't, he played 23 of 24 games for the EDS (and was an unused sub for the other game) and got the most assists in the PL2.

Last edited:
No he wasn't, he played 23 of 24 games for the EDS (and was an unused sub for the other game) and got the most assists in the PL2.
I am happy to stand corrected but I watched several games last season where he did not start and was clearly not in the form he is now. I am delighted he is in such form as he is a gem of a player and I am sure he will get his chance.

Yeah and he started the season incredibly well last season as well so found the “took time to come into form” comment a bit off as well. His numbers early on last season were exceptional as well. Maybe this poster has McAtee confused with someone else

I am happy to stand corrected but I watched several games last season where he did not start and was clearly not in the form he is now. I am delighted he is in such form as he is a gem of a player and I am sure he will get his chance.
Easy information to find.

Last year James played 23 EDS games with 1722 minutes.

Meaning he averaged 83 mins per each game.

Considering the EDS only play 24 league games and he essentially played through almost entire games when he played, we have now solved this issue.

I also checked the rest of the EDS and James played the 3rd most minutes:

Gomes played 1799 mins.
Delap played 1730 mins.
James with 1722 mins.

Some of the comments here are embarrassing.
Maybe more kneejerk as a consequence of a disappointing result and individual contribution,but no one has posted anything embarrassing.....this kid has stand out ability and a composure/mentality that is beyond his experience,such talent needs to be recognised because you can guarantee other clubs will have noticed.

Maybe more kneejerk as a consequence of a disappointing result and individual contribution,but no one has posted anything embarrassing.....this kid has stand out ability and a composure/mentality that is beyond his experience,such talent needs to be recognised because you can guarantee other clubs will have noticed.
He is brilliant, undoubtedly, and I'm sure he'll get his chance but we have others too like Palmer, Lavia and Delap who will all have to earn it and show that they should stay.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.