James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Oh I see got my numbers mixed up. anyway he will be playing higher while Foden will be deeper and cole will become a winger
I think it could go either way. McAtee could definitely play a Silva/Gundo #8 setting the tempo and Foden a KDB, driving on the ball into the box, as a paring.

Really enjoyed his brief cameo yesterday - the kind of entertaining, tricky attacking player we all love to see coming through!

I’m hoping we have some positive news on his contract soon, as he feels like one of the ones who could have a proper future at City given how perfectly he fits our style.

Living in Scotland I saw a lot of this partnership and Denayer looked the better footballer albeit both were very good. Denayer was IMO an opportunity missed.
Agreed, I watched a few of Denayer's European matches playing alongside Van Dijk and Denayer looked as good a prospect, he rescued Van Dijk's mistakes a few times in those games. Whether City or Denayer were at fault I don't know, but his development stalled after that loan finished.

Loved the sky commentators asking how we do it, are they all clones of the great David Silva? Finally having to suggest that all that oil money went into something other than 'buying titles'. Like an academy, a legacy.

The way the ball stuck to McAtee's feet in the box, the composure as he looked to get a shot away, just fantastic traits to have. Technically there is no question, but I think mentally you have to look at the lads we have coming thorugh, McAtee, Palmer, Foden and many more, and give credit. They work had, they want to play football, don't shy away from a task and are very special potentially.

I truly hope he stays, best place for him is here and i can see a squad half full of our academy players lifting a major trophy in my time.

he has the same issue like foden when he came through. he likes to always run with the ball, but pep says that if you play in the middle you have to know how to slow down your play. he does not know that yet, but hopefully he can learn from pep.

He either goes the way of Sancho or the way of Foden - both have been proven to be vindicated in their decisions (whether we like it or not for Sancho) so it must be a tough decision for the lad.

Hopefully he chooses to stay with us, I’m hoping the fact he’s being included in training and squads (which Sancho wasn’t at all, dropped from the 2018 tour) means there’s been progress.

He either goes the way of Sancho or the way of Foden - both have been proven to be vindicated in their decisions (whether we like it or not for Sancho) so it must be a tough decision for the lad.

Hopefully he chooses to stay with us, I’m hoping the fact he’s being included in training and squads (which Sancho wasn’t at all, dropped from the 2018 tour) means there’s been progress.
2017 Sancho was dropped from the US tour after he spat the dummy out because City wouldn't guarantee 1st team games (at 17 years old at that) and despite being offered a huge contract for such a young lad. He'd only been here a couple of years so not really a comparison to Foden or McAtee.

he has the same issue like foden when he came through. he likes to always run with the ball, but pep says that if you play in the middle you have to know how to slow down your play. he does not know that yet, but hopefully he can learn from pep.
Nah he understands that more than foden. Foden was a lot more raw, had less football under his belt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.