James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

He worked his absolute bollocks off today, such a shame it was for nothing though really. Couple of comments from a Sheffield Utd forum -

'Magnificent today, full of battling spirit and quality with next to no support with the odds against him. A joy to watch, will be in the PL next season and wouldn't rule him out being around the Man City first team set-up.'

'Given the circumstances and context of everything else that was going on etc, I think Mcatee's performance today was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a United player.'
Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned to a better team next season and then City can make a real judgement. Personally think he'd flourish at a club like Wolves.

He worked his absolute bollocks off today, such a shame it was for nothing though really. Couple of comments from a Sheffield Utd forum -

'Magnificent today, full of battling spirit and quality with next to no support with the odds against him. A joy to watch, will be in the PL next season and wouldn't rule him out being around the Man City first team set-up.'

'Given the circumstances and context of everything else that was going on etc, I think Mcatee's performance today was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a United player.'
Wow the standards at Sheffield United are quite low aren't they lol.

I was totally unimpressed by every player on that team, McAtee included.

My thinking after that whole game, mostly watching McAtee "I don't think I'd have broken a sweat if I ran that much".

Not fully his fault, maybe instructed not to press or run much, and not really suited as the sole striker while playing down a man.

So I don't really blame him, but "impressed"? I can't possibly see how.

Anyone watch the game? I see McAtee was subbed at half time. He cannot be learning much at present other than how to lose.

Its turned into a disaster for the lad. Out of his hands really but who'd of thought that the manager in August wouldn't be gone by Christmas creating uncertainty around his role. No certainties in football but Heckingbottom staying long term was a stretch.

Anyone watch the game? I see McAtee was subbed at half time. He cannot be learning much at present other than how to lose.
I saw it from about 30 mins in when it was already 4-0. They were pathetic overall and James wasn't good in the 15 minutes I saw. The only bits I really remember were him getting it played into him surrounded by 2 or 3 Arsenal players and losing it. You'd expect it, but maybe hope for more.

Get the feeling Wilder like many older coaches, sees talent as a bit of a luxury in that team, so on came more of a workhorse instead.

Wrong club to join, he's done himself few favours, although he's probably impressed enough at times to get a move to another Prem club, but I think Pep will see the season as a write off for him.

Absolutely shocking decision by everyone involved. Could have been fighting for promotion for a top 2 team in a very good league under his former coach, but rather picked guaranteed relegation, brexit football and less than 30% posession in every game

Going back to the Championship wouldn’t have done him much good either. I doubt that the only teams after him were Leicester or Sheffield Utd but if they were the club should have just told him to stick around until January at least.

Going back to the Championship wouldn’t have done him much good either. I doubt that the only teams after him were Leicester or Sheffield Utd but if they were the club should have just told him to stick around until January at least.

From the talk at the time I don't think there were a huge number of options for him and City wanted him to go to Leicester for obvious reasons, but he wanted to play in the prem so went back to Sheffield United. You can understand why and it's at a higher level, but he's not learning things that will benefit him when he returns to us. It's a shame because he was a level above most in the EDS. Probably one of our best ever performers at that level.

I still hold out hope he can make it with us in the future, but this year has been a bit of a waste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.