James McAtee

I can't actually see any young prospect from any club being given a real chance at a club in the PL.

Established (safe) clubs will just keep them on standby, strugglers/newly promoted clubs will throw them in to drown under the weight of expectation.

McAtee will learn nowt from a loan in this country. He should go abroad, (away from the expected media hype/criticism), play regular football at a good standard, bulk up, and learn a new language He'd come back a better, more rounded person.

A season at Girona would be ideal imo.
Glasgow Rangers want him, can see him getting in that side pretty often at the 10.

I can't actually see any young prospect from any club being given a real chance at a club in the PL.

Established (safe) clubs will just keep them on standby, strugglers/newly promoted clubs will throw them in to drown under the weight of expectation.

McAtee will learn nowt from a loan in this country. He should go abroad, (away from the expected media hype/criticism), play regular football at a good standard, bulk up, and learn a new language He'd come back a better, more rounded person.

A season at Girona would be ideal imo.
Girona have the same issues - Relegation fight, scapegoat etc. Troyes would be a better destination as at least they have established themselves by staying up, either way you're not free of a relegation fight.

He should go somewhere like the Bundesliga, Eredivisie or SPL where the standard is high but his chances of game time are also high even in a top 5 or 6 teams as opposed to relegation fodder. The right championship club could also be suitable. Somewhere like Rangers, as suggested, could be perfect. The manager plays the right style, it's a reasonably high level of mens football, he'd get game time and would be learning to be part of a winning team and a team that has the majority of possession (not that he isn't already comfortable with that going through the City youth system).

Personally I’d like him to stay here and take Cole’s spot of being in the squad and getting about 10-15 appearances. Then come the end of the year he’ll be like Cole this season who I expect to have 15-25 game involvements and so on.

As much as I’d have liked Doyle and Harwood-Bellis to make it at City I think they’ll be sold at the end of the season for good profit. So I’d like McAtee to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.