James McAtee

This loan spell is toughening the poor lad up at the very least, but he isn't getting any experience in winning though.
Had he gone to Leicester City, he'd have enjoyed more of the latter but less of the former. Leicester City would have been more enjoyable, to be sure, but not enormously different from what he'd achieved the season prior with Sheffield United. He'll have learned more this year about the Premier League and about himself, and that will stand him in good stead.

This loan spell is toughening the poor lad up at the very least, but he isn't getting any experience in winning though.
That's about the best spin I can pit on it that at least he is getting used to the high intensity of the pl and should find he has more time on the ball at City and tons more options, but needs to get back to playing with good players.
I love to see out lads coming through but I'm really struggling to see a spot for him .Pep always seems to have a senior experienced option for every position so doubt he will throw him back in then a younger back up and not sure this will work with Savio and echvierra etc joining too.
Not sure he is even as advanced in the clubs thinking as say Cole was so i iimagine a move is most likely outcome.

To everybody calling the lad out on going back there or about his loan being a bad one calm thine titties down, what you people don't seem to understand about a Leicester loan is next season he'd still have proved nothing in the top flight. Think about that so by default if he went Leicester he'd almost certainly need another loan in the top flight next year, as another championship season would be the excuse not to play him next year, this would be justified with the fact that he'd lack any top flight experience.

I don't pretend to know whether or not James will make it here but I've always liked him this Prem loan is definitely better, he needs the rough and tough of this loan he knows how to play pretty football he needs to be out of his comfort zone, somebody in the last few pages actually called going back there returning to his comfort zone but respectfully what a load of bollocks.
He's gone there to fight in probably the only team that has actually come up in the last decade weaker than the side they've promoted with, he has probably learnt more from the adversity he's faced in this loan move than he could've at Leicester, he needs a tough loan move to show his minerals and how much fight he has in his belly to show it isn't going to faze him or stop him impressing, it never hurt David Silva having a Segunda loan then playing for a poor top flight team (at the time) in Celta Vigo.

McAtee needs this Prem loan to challenge him and when the going has got tough he's acted like he's their main man, it's not his fault that this hasn't paid off due to inferior teammates he's grown from this move, he's grown more than he would've from coasting the title at Leicester in a league he's already demonstrated he can dominate.
If he's good enough this loan won't have damaged his chances here but a different loan at a lower level this year wouldn't make a difference, if he's not gonna make it here then this season is still going to be a great experience to build on for the rest of his career that he can bank.
Hopefully he can still make it here but we could find James is still a very good player that isn't quite up to the level for us, personally whatever happens I don't think this loan or the way his team has fared will be the deciding factor in whether he makes it here.

If you actually think that's the case and that a move to Leicester in the championship would change our minds, then you need to give your head a shake you are very wrong and you're living in a fantasy world. If James does go this summer he was never ever going to make it here at all, it's still likely he'll be loaned out again and if that's not the case then we never had plans to keep him even at the start of this season.

We signed Nathan Ake from a relegated team, doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

This is why some people here doesn't understand, having setback as in case like McAtee doing right now doesn't always leads to failure, it can also means a bigger success for him in the future. Remember he is still young, i rather see him makes many mistake as possible at this stage of development so he can be better from it.

That's only if he can learn anything from this experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.