James McAtee

Loans in my opinion are not all about having success and things going perfectly. Players coming through the academy face little adversity and so a year at Sheff United, where things have not gone perfectly, is likely to be crucial in McAtee’s development.

Personally I would not judge him, from an ability perspective, on the loan, although I think he has done enough to deserve a year around the first team squad to see how he develops. Harry Kane is a prime example of a player who struggled on a few loans, was underrated, but then got his chance and never looked back.

As long he learn from his loan experience, McAtee will improved whether it will be enough to play a level required for us I don't know.

It will be waste a time if he didn't learn a single thing from his loan experience and just playing for the sake of getting minutes.

I think he should have been loaned to an established Premier League club last summer, great he got into a promoted club and credit to him, but this season must have been demoralising. I can’t see much chance of him becoming a regular here if he comes back, sad to say.

I think he should have been loaned to an established Premier League club last summer, great he got into a promoted club and credit to him, but this season must have been demoralising. I can’t see much chance of him becoming a regular here if he comes back, sad to say.
The general view were that his options were Leicester (Championchip) or Sheff U (Premier League) - we can only loan him to a team that wants him

Anyone know why he hasn't been featuring in the starting lineup? Form?

No point whatsoever playing someone who won't be staying next season when you're already relegated.
This is the time to give a few youngsters a chance to experience big games.

McAtee will be moved on by City to the highest bidder in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.