James Mclean, Sunderland fc

Mike N said:
mac said:
BigJoe#1 said:
He is an ill advised person. Lets just be thankful that due to the sacrafices of other (including people from the ROI) that he has the luxury of snubbing thise who laid down their lives for him.

I find it ironic that he he can come here, take the big wages and then disregard those that made it possible.

Like I said earlier, that's his decision and he's damn lucky to have that luxury. I personally hope our club goes nowhere near him.

Why do we need the city square tarmacing. Short arse pikey Leprechaun.

You sound like a racist prick.

Prick.
Why thank you.

McClean is obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed but after reading some of the comments in this thread he's not half as ignorant as some of the neanderthals posting on this thread.

It may come across as a complete lack of respect that he snubbed it but you have to consider where he is coming from and the british armys history in Ireland.

cinnamon blue said:
I think he was badly advised. Even if it's because of the anti British issue he should have worn it for what it stands for. Thousands of young Irishmen fought and died in both wars , wear it for them !
So he is anti himself????

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Isn't he from Derry? That might explain his personal choice not to wear one.
I thought he was from Londonderry?<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 am --<br /><br />
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Oh no,not this fucking borefest again.
We had 20 odd pages of this bollocks on Remembrance Day.
He has every right to his views,as we do ours.
Folks died so that we have this right.
That's the thing with this 'democracy' business - it means upholding freedom of speech,thought and action,within the law,even for those you profoundly disagree with.
Are people not just airing their views about him though? As is their right, just as its his right not to wear a poppy?

Why do we need the city square tarmacing. Short arse pikey Leprechaun, mac.[/quote]

Spoken like a true British patriot ,location south east Spain.

SWP's back said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
I thought he was from Londonderry?

-- Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 am --

That's the thing with this 'democracy' business - it means upholding freedom of speech,thought and action,within the law,even for those you profoundly disagree with.
Are people not just airing their views about him though? As is their right, just as its his right not to wear a poppy?

They are indeed mate,as is very much their right.
Just seems a bit like Groundhog Day though,given that we did this to death only last week.
I just don't think anyone can bring anything new to the party,but if folk want to go round in circles again,they are welcome to.

SWP's back said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
I thought he was from Londonderry?

-- Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 am --

They are indeed mate,as is very much their right.
Just seems a bit like Groundhog Day though,given that we did this to death only last week.
I just don't think anyone can bring anything new to the party,but if folk want to go round in circles again,they are welcome to.
This thread should been more about the spanners sending him death threats to be fair.

Lets not forget the men he is supposed to be honouring are the same men who killed 13 innocent people in his hometown, injuring many more.
The same men who occupied his hometown, forced a curfew upon them all, looted businesses, attacked peaceful civil rights demonstrators.

I'm sure he would have worn a poppy if it only represented the fallen heroes on WW1/WW2 but because of its links to the British army as a whole I don't think McClean will ever wear it. His choice

It's funny you can see who the bigots are on here, even if they try to be subtle about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.