James Milner

niall_mcfc said:
People who say hes never been a winger must of only started watching him last season. Every season before that he was a winger, at Leeds, Newcastle and for a time at Villa. So to say hes never been a winger and is being played out of position is completely untrue because he is a winger who was converted because he wasnt good enough to play in that position for a top 6-8 club in the prem.

He succeeded at that position which led to Villa paying £12m for him. MON then realised he isnt worth that out on the wing so moved him to the middle where he excelled in an average side tbh, they have a good defence that kept them steady and then the outball to Young or Agbonlahor. That Villa side has hardly changed from when Milner was there and when hes not imo. Way way overrated by both City fans and Villa fans and the media because hes English.

Ireland got no praise from oppostion clubs or media for his form 2 years ago because hes not English. He turned out to be a 1 season wonder but the point im making is that English players are massively overrated here compared to foreigners and that includes Milner unfortunately.

I thought we'd paid way over the odds to get him and imo we should of never got him in the 1st place as we should of gone for a winger to replace Bellers or a more creative midfielder like a Xabi Alonso(i understand there arent many like him available).

Im not saying that hes at the same level of Ireland but hes not far ahead and for £16m we could have bought a lot better.

Fixed.

And at that price he's a very good signing who will do very well for us.

Shooter 83 said:
niall_mcfc said:
People who say hes never been a winger must of only started watching him last season. Every season before that he was a winger, at Leeds, Newcastle and for a time at Villa. So to say hes never been a winger and is being played out of position is completely untrue because he is a winger who was converted because he wasnt good enough to play in that position for a top 6-8 club in the prem.

He succeeded at that position which led to Villa paying £12m for him. MON then realised he isnt worth that out on the wing so moved him to the middle where he excelled in an average side tbh, they have a good defence that kept them steady and then the outball to Young or Agbonlahor. That Villa side has hardly changed from when Milner was there and when hes not imo. Way way overrated by both City fans and Villa fans and the media because hes English.

Ireland got no praise from oppostion clubs or media for his form 2 years ago because hes not English. He turned out to be a 1 season wonder but the point im making is that English players are massively overrated here compared to foreigners and that includes Milner unfortunately.

I thought we'd paid way over the odds to get him and imo we should of never got him in the 1st place as we should of gone for a winger to replace Bellers or a more creative midfielder like a Xabi Alonso(i understand there arent many like him available).

Im not saying that hes at the same level of Ireland but hes not far ahead and for £16m we could have bought a lot better.

Fixed.

So just because we get him for £10m cheaper that makes him a good signing? It doesnt matter what a player costs, if he does crap hes a crap signing, if he does well hes a good signing. This isnt based on just us because we can spend whatever we want on a player, its based on every transfer.

Im not not saying hes a bad buy just an overrated player and i would have prefered someone else for that kind of money. I wont judge on how he does for us until hes left or had a few good/excellent seasons, but i cant see that happening unfortunately.

DTKOAG said:
We payed £24 million for the guy as a central box to box midfielder.
Not as a Winger.
Play him in his favoured position and you will see a much better player.
Dont judge him now FFS

AGREED........

niall_mcfc said:
Shooter 83 said:
Fixed.

So just because we get him for £10m cheaper that makes him a good signing? It doesnt matter what a player costs, if he does crap hes a crap signing, if he does well hes a good signing. This isnt based on just us because we can spend whatever we want on a player, its based on every transfer.

You was saying at 26m we could have bought alot better(even though we only payed £14-16m? You state in one post about the price we pay for him then the next money doesnt matter... make your mind up pal.

Have you watched Ireland play in the last 12months?

Im saying at £16m hes a good signing

Shooter 83 said:
niall_mcfc said:

You was saying at 26m we could have bought alot better(even though we only payed £14-16m? You state in one post about the price we pay for him then the next money doesnt matter... make your mind up pal.

Have you watched Ireland play in the last 12months?

Im saying at £16m hes a good signing

Money always matters, i never said it doesnt. I dont want us to pay over the odds for a player just because we are the richest club in the world, but if we do and then the player performs well then thats fine. For example if we pay £50m for Drogba( i know its a stupid price but im putting across my point) then its not value for money but if he plays for 2 seasons and scores 40-50 goals and helps us to win trophies then its a good signing. He doesnt have to stay for 5 seasons to justify the fee or sell enough shirts to pay back some of the fee, he just has to do wel on the pitch.

If Milner comes good and leads the side to trophies and scores and creates goals then it doesnt matter what he cost, hed be a good signing.

DTKOAG said:
We payed £24 million for the guy as a central box to box midfielder.
Not as a Winger.
Play him in his favoured position and you will see a much better player.
Dont judge him now FFS

Definitely this. Milner was brilliant as a central midfielder at Villa and I'm sure we will see his best if we play him there. He looks wasted on the wing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.