James Stannage

Paul Nolan!!! Ha thats a blast from the past! Didn't he wind the reds up by pretending to be a Leeds fan? Was he a blue?

Many happy memories of listening to stannage especially the funny hour. It was through this I tried smoking weetabix as someone suggested it on the show ( 15 yr old mop top into the madchester scene, thought I'd give it a go ).
Loved the Frank Sidebottom jingle too, apparently he works behind the bar at The Ducie Bridge??? Such a shame if true?

The Flash said:
Dirty Harry said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Really ? Any idea of his username?

Unfortunately not mate, it was in response to his name being mentioned on here iirc so a search may pull something up, it was around the end of the season I think.

No. That was James H. Reeve.

Oh aye, apologies Mark, only one name out though ;-)

Stannage was (and probably still is) an irritating little fart who probably (still) argues with himself in his sleep. Good late-night radio.

I always thought he'd end up shouting at lamp posts / road signs in Market Street or stopping random strangers to tell them how he used to be famous.

He was a typical 70's shock-jock but it must be said, one of the better ones. Shame he / his agent didn't know how to tone things down to make better use of his 'talents'... Would have been great in a Jeremy Kyle type show.

Had his chance: Muffed it. Silly old sod.

Lavinda Past said:
Stannage was (and probably still is) an irritating little fart who probably (still) argues with himself in his sleep. Good late-night radio.

I always thought he'd end up shouting at lamp posts / road signs in Market Street or stopping random strangers to tell them how he used to be famous.

He was a typical 70's shock-jock but it must be said, one of the better ones. Shame he / his agent didn't know how to tone things down to make better use of his 'talents'... Would have been great in a Jeremy Kyle type show.

Agent? Christ almighty. Knowing Mr Stannage well, the idea of him hiring an agent is pretty funny.

Historically, James was offered quite a few opportunities to work on television but usually turned them down. His last telly appearance was a couple of years ago, as a guest on a frankly bizarre episode of Alan Titchmarsh's ITV chat show opposite Janet Street Porter. The topic was something to do with feminism.

johnny on the spot said:
Lavinda Past said:

Agent? Christ almighty. Knowing Mr Stannage well, the idea of him hiring an agent is pretty funny.

Historically, James was offered quite a few opportunities to work on television but usually turned them down. His last telly appearance was a couple of years ago, as a guest on a frankly bizarre episode of Alan Titchmarsh's ITV chat show opposite Janet Street Porter. The topic was something to do with feminism.

Ha Ha - I would imagine he wouldn't have much to say about that! Should've been a star. Should've hired an agent ;)

Stannage gave us Jasper Carrott in his pomp and Bob Williamson who never had one.

A Northern Soul said:
Paul Nolan!!! Ha thats a blast from the past! Didn't he wind the reds up by pretending to be a Leeds fan? Was he a blue?

Many happy memories of listening to stannage especially the funny hour. It was through this I tried smoking weetabix as someone suggested it on the show ( 15 yr old mop top into the madchester scene, thought I'd give it a go ).
Loved the Frank Sidebottom jingle too, apparently he works behind the bar at The Ducie Bridge??? Such a shame if true?

Paul was sat next to me on a nightbus once winding up rag students by saying he was a Chelsea fan and they'd win the next 10 premier leagues. I only recognised who it was from his voice. When I said "Paul Nolan?" he went proper sheepish. Wouldn't even discuss Stanage/Picc Gold. Saw him the other day in Withington chatting to a post man. Hasn't changed. Looks like he's still in the late 80's/early 90's bless him.

"I'll let you into a little secret" was such a memorable line on the Stannage show.

There's a clip somewhere of Paul on the Paul Ross TV show. funny as f*ck

Lavinda Past said:
johnny on the spot said:
Lavinda Past said:

Ha Ha - I would imagine he wouldn't have much to say about that! Should've been a star. Should've hired an agent ;)

Some of the death threats he used to get were brilliant, some of the funniest, most creative shit I've ever read. We're talking twenty a week from all corners of Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.